Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cayenne Resources\Boards (owner feedback good too)

Options
  • 23-01-2013 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

Assuming they even exist, can anyone recommend some Cayenne user boards\forums? I found some boards on roadfly and rennlist, but so far nothing like what you would find for a BMW or Volvo. I'm not expecting anything quite as busy as those two, but for sure something that is a DIY-oriented would help me make my decision on whether I think this is going to be (distantly) practical.

We're considering Cayennes 04-05 vintage, likely a turbo, assuming I can even find out what turbochargers it uses etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Been looking at those, just wondering of there are others out there.

Found this after googling keyword rennlist out of sheer morbid curiosity..
    http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-13/

Anyone care to chime in with Cayenne experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Anyone care to chime in with Cayenne experiences?

No experience at all, but buy one with a proper engine not the hand me down Touareg V6 ! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

Would none of the porsche forums be any good? I don't know much about the cayenne but id hazard a guess that its used in other porsches?

Matt Simis wrote: »
    No experience at all, but buy one with a proper engine not the hand me down Touareg V6 ! :p

Yeah if we're doing that then we'll just get the Touarag, more gadgets for the same money in the Touarag. But then we might just go XC90 V8 or something.
    Thinking on an S or a Turbo. 03-05 vintage.
    They're for pennies over here:

http://www.porscheofstpaul.com/used/Porsche/2004-Porsche-Cayenne-Minneapolis-Maplewood-c8bc23a10a0a000201559ccf26195548.htm
    http://www.porscheofstpaul.com/used/Porsche/2004-Porsche-Cayenne-Minneapolis-Maplewood-a4cd13840a0a00e0011e826f925359be.htm

High miles on the turbo model but if I can hedge my bets with some research and a service history I might go for it.
    The Porsche forums seem to be good, just not as DIY oriented as the BMW and Volvo forums. That's to be expected I just wanted to be sure I wasnt missing out on other resources. For BMW and volvo stuff it seems to be easy to find detailed technical info, such as the specific turbo chargers and transmissions used and whatnot. Availability of VADIS\VIDA for Volvo is very nice too.

Basically if I can stay on top of maintenance\repairs myself without it breaking the bank, or breaking down a lot (T6 volvo has been a pain) I'll probably go with a turbo, just want to know what I'm letting my self in for, especially with those higher miles. Already have a twin turbo car so this will up the ante a little hehe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Already have a twin turbo car

Don't leave us all in suspense!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Matt Simis wrote: »

Wasn't it handed up to the Touareg from the Golf? It's displacement was too small for a Passat but suitable for a Porsche?

qz wrote: »
    Don't leave us all in suspense!

Sorry, wasn't meaning to tease LOL. Nothing special.... S80 T6. 205K miles on it. now. Rebuilt the head at 198K and swapped the turbos at 203K. Turbos would have been fine for a coolant leak, combined with a level sensor stuck on top and a stained coolant tank that always looked like level was correct :/
    We have a V70 T5 as well, 226K on that until the differential took a shortcut out of the casing. In the middle of replacing the gearbox on that right now.
    Both are autotragics.

As the V6s go the one in the Cayenne isnt too bad, but compared to the twin turbo V8... :D:D:D:D:D

Matt did you have a Phaeton at some point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Clungewellies

Sorry to hijack the thread, but the turbo absolutely guzzles fuel I'm getting 17 MPG with mostly motorway :'(

Advertisement