Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Under The Dome [CBS - US] [** Spoilers **] (Warning in OP)

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Episode 7 was the worst episode out of all 33 that have aired so far. Awful sh*te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Mr E wrote: »
    Episode 7 was the worst episode out of all 33 that have aired so far. Awful sh*te.

Just watched it and I have to agree, just gets worserererer lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Watched episode 1 of season 3. I'm out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Whoopie doo dah, Barbie's back
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

So i've totally tuned out of the bore fest that was the first and second episode of season 3, but for anyone who's stuck with it, what ridiculously bad episodes should I watch before I watch the finale?

shinny wrote: »
    Whoopie doo dah, Barbie's back
    :rolleyes:
    Where did he go? Haven't seen the latest episode but fwiw it's still awful, so awful yet I keep watching :(

Liamalone wrote: »
    Where did he go? Haven't seen the latest episode but fwiw it's still awful, so awful yet I keep watching :(
    It probably won't make much sense to you if you haven't watched in a while. He was taken over by the "kinship" (under a sort of spell) anyway, Julia managed to snap him out of it so the real barbie is back. Great!

youngblood wrote: »
    So i've totally tuned out of the bore fest that was the first and second episode of season 3, but for anyone who's stuck with it, what ridiculously bad episodes should I watch before I watch the finale?

Honestly, the one that's just aired. Not like you'll have missed much else!

]

Got ya, I'm up to date bar the latest one, shows how much attention I pay to it, thought I'd missed something lol

• Advertisement

Wait.

Was this not cancelled? I gave up after season one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And this season will probably end with the arrival of the new aliens

Or another more evil dome inside the main one, and a civil war erupting between the outer domers and inner domers. It could be EPIC.

Ever wonder if Dean Norris cries himself to sleep at night? I was in Breaking Bad, goddammit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Or another more evil dome inside the main one, and a civil war erupting between the outer domers and inner domers. It could be EPIC.

Ever wonder if Dean Norris cries himself to sleep at night? I was in Breaking Bad, goddammit.
    Steven Spielberg probably isnt too impressed seeing his name attached here either.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

ae122a232dddbc5bb7f5e6cda493ef40.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Supposedly they've said that the finale on September 10th will wrap it up. At least that's what I understand.

Not really a spoiler but from IGN
    The network notes that the finale will see the Dome at Chester’s Mill come down and its mysteries revealed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Im actually enjoying this season more than the first two. Ah well hopefully it will end with some closure

gazzer wrote: »
    ... hopefully it will end with some closure

Some...

Still so many eye rolling moments though. I assume the dome coming down was supposed to be some sort of epic payoff, but it was I was too busy laughing at Joe sacrificing himself by whistling. There were a few deaths (but none that I cared about). New queen couldn't act (even though her mother could, EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE THE SAME ACTRESS!). Jim as a congressman - yeah, sure. Norri enlisted, just to get into some secret bunker to find out some people are still alive? What? Another egg? WHAT?

WHAT?

Ugh.

I need to watch some Longmire to cleanse my palate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

I actually began to enjoy the series more when I started to laugh at the plot holes and dodgy writing. Even Dean Norris had a few lines that were cringe worthy which tells me that he either didn't have the confidence to complain to the writers or the whole thing was supposed to be some sort of Hollywood inside joke. No reputable actor would have repeated many of the dead end lines that were a major part of the series.

I think that Under The Dome goes to prove what we all already knew. U.S. TV and film making is definitely more about the money than the art. This was supposed to be a one season 13 episode arc. Stephen King said in an interview that it would show a time period of a week to 10 days. I guess its success during the first season changed his mind.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I quite enjoyed the finale, it finally crossed over into "so bad it's good" territory.

I definitely wouldn't watch any more of it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

The ending was ambiguous enough that they probably could chance another season of ridiculousness, if by some miracle this gets pulled out of the fire.

Some...

Still so many eye rolling moments though. I assume the dome coming down was supposed to be some sort of epic payoff, but it was I was too busy laughing at Joe sacrificing himself by whistling. There were a few deaths (but none that I cared about). New queen couldn't act (even though her mother could, EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE THE SAME ACTRESS!). Jim as a congressman - yeah, sure. Norri enlisted, just to get into some secret bunker to find out some people are still alive? What? Another egg? WHAT?

WHAT?

Ugh.

I need to watch some Longmire to cleanse my palate.

That genuinely made me laugh out loud. So true. Must have been the blue contacts or maybe the bad wig!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

That genuinely made me laugh out loud. So true. Must have been the blue contacts or maybe the bad wig!!

It looked just like she had worn a disguise designed by Inspector Clouseau. Stephen King and Spielberg must be morto to have their names associated with this pile of rubbish.

Advertisement