Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People who take football so seriously?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Liam O wrote: »
    Who'd pull more, Bieber or Fergie?

Honestly thought you meant Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Great thread, amazing read

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Honestly thought you meant Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas.

And that is why you shouldn't be posting in a football forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Thread title + OP username + the Swansea incident = gold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

The irony of the OP's username and thread title after this evenings shenanigans,

Glazers Out!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

BBUzn4nCAAA8gAb.jpg

Don't take football so seriously, he's only a kid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

razorblunt wrote: »
    Thread title + OP username + the Swansea incident = gold

Cant believe I was beaten to it

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Came up in another thread and I wanna see who agrees with me. Why do people take football so seriously. For example a team gets relegated and this is meant to mean disaster and heartbreak for all involved(I'm sure it hurts the footballers wages no doubt)

Liverpool were/are struggling and you see people comment how they ' ah jayziz just can't watch the reds anymore terrible so it is' or something like that. I mean seriously? Football is for fun, to see great players do amazing stuff, not to cry over some result that has no impact on your life.

The likes of Eamonn Dunphy are the type who take it far too seriously(and sport in general)

'Football isn't a matter of life and death, its more important'-People always use that but they fail to recognize that it was said ironically.

LMAO reminds me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MusyO7J2inM 'FOOTBALL WATCH WATCH WATCH IT ITS GOING TO MOVE' HAHAHAH
    I just support my two countries and follow players.

But even about countries, I love the joy of seeing them do well, it feels good. In 2010 when Landon scored that goal vs Algeria I went insane. When Ireland qualified for euro2012 I was buzzin. But contrast that to when Ireland got knocked out, the way people were going on was that if it actually mattered.
    Dunphy: ''The Irish people in these tough times deserve more than that'':rolleyes: Cringe.

The way people rolled their eyes at people just having a good time in the last match singing the fields of athenry as if they should be ashamed and so upset that their country was out
    Hahaha man I just posted it in the OP. Absolutely gas and sums it up.

I used to be like that. I start supporting Bohs, went to their games but then I was just like why bother. Was so boring just sitting there listening to inane chants.
    I'd rather play than watch others play. Even if I lived in Barcelona I'd prob go to the matches but it would be for the spectacle and occassion above all else.
    Well if it wasn't Shankley was a clown

i_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

The circa 30 year old male behind the Eden Hazard account is smart. Pretty successful troll account all told imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

The circa 30 year old male behind the Eden Hazard account is smart. Pretty successful troll account all told imo.

Jesus H Christ, when you sum it all up like that - he really does talk some poo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

No...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement