Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flashback HD remake

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It looks nice, but can't help but think its gonna be a qte & handholding exercise. Thankfully the original is still very playable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

EnterNow wrote: »
    It looks nice, but can't help but think its gonna be a qte & handholding exercise. Thankfully the original is still very playable
    So, like Amy then? :pac:

gizmo wrote: »
    So, like Amy then? :pac:

Flashback is a remake though, it has a formula to follow/ape. Amy just got it wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

EnterNow wrote: »
    Flashback is a remake though, it has a formula to follow/ape. Amy just got it wrong
    You didn't get my joke, boo. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

loved that game when it came out, In the trailer for it though i found the voice acting in it just put me off right away.

• Advertisement

gizmo wrote: »
    You didn't get my joke, boo. :(

The same company made a notoriously difficult game with no qte's or handholding...

Edit - Insert I See What You Did There Meme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

New trailer up. Ah man I love(d) this game on the SNES. Marked out when I saw him getting up in the jungle. I'll be buying this. I can still hear the cube thingy chirping at me off-screen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

So it seems at least one element of the remake is staying routed in the 1990s - that voice-acting is horrendous.

The game looks better in motion, though it still seems like there's a lot of visual noise & clutter in some of the levels. I am curious to know how it'll play, and how much/little they'll change the levels. I always enjoyed the portion set within the city, when it became a partial RPG, as you performed jobs to earn money for a ticket (iirc)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

While the original had a unique art style with the gorgeous background are and the rotoscoped polygons of the characters this just looks so bland and boring, a bit like the equally bland looking Shadow Complex but worse. No sale for me especially since I only beat the original a while ago and while I enjoyed it I don't feel the need to go bakc to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Loved the original, must have finished it 100 times on the Amiga back in the day but this just looks extremely meh unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Bumping the thread if only to note that this remake has hit the shelves & appears to be as bad as we all feared. Interestingly, you can apparently play the original game via the remake too, which probably doesn't help comparisons. It's a shame because I would have loved to play a genuine HD remake, upscaling the art-style and simply refining the core mechanics...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,521 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah I heard they made a balls of it. Shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp, watched a review and it looked like a mess, shame. Why did they add those bike sections? Like above, a hd exact remake of the original would have done the job.

Advertisement