Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I was with my Cardiologist today

Options
  • 23-01-2013 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭

Due to a misspent youth which continued into middle age :( I paid a visit today as I had a few aches & pains, all went well and as I'm pretty new to this whole vaping lark, I asked him for his opinion on e-cigs & there use, his reaction was that he was happy for me to use them, his opinion was that the nicotine wasn't of any danger it was all the other stuff in the real cigs that were the killer.
    I suppose that's what all vapers & e-cig users think, want & like to hear but it's great when it comes from an experienced cardiac medical professional.

So, happy vaping all :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Now all we need is oodles of others from around europe of the same feeling to "sign-off" on ecigs as a healthier option so we have some ammo for the court of human rights ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rui1000

nicotine isnt totally healthy to the cardiovascular sistem though even that it isnt cancerigenous wich is a great advantage

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

My cardiologist wants me to quit vaping...he mentioned something about nicotine causing spasms in the blood vessels. I think that's what he said as I stopped really listening after the quit vaping bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Bubba9 wrote: »
    My cardiologist wants me to quit vaping...he mentioned something about nicotine causing spasms in the blood vessels. I think that's what he said as I stopped really listening after the quit vaping bit.

A case of doctors differ & patients die maybe then? My fella is right though :p

Nicotine increases blood pressure - however so does stress.

I can only imagine that stress alone would cause more issues than a nicotine addict in a high pressure job having just given up the fags or starting on Champix or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

If that's the case then they might as well ban all nicotine patches and every other tool other there to aid the giving up of smoking because as they say nicotine is bad. Alcohol is much worse than nicotine.

Yep and coffee, energy drinks, paracetamol, solphadine etc ..

Could you imagine how ratty everyone in the country would be if they banned that lot :-O

But the arent banning it they want to make it "medicinal" rather than recreational unless you are actually smoking to kill yourself, which in their eyes is just fine and dandy to pick up the drugs you need at the local corner shop.

Advertisement