Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Architect costs

• 23-01-2013 5:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭

Hi, I hope this is the right place ... if not apologies.

Me and my boyfriend are looking to build a house and are currently talking to architects. We've gotten fee proposals back from three so far and the costs are wildly different.

I was wondering what would be a reasonable price range for an architect to charge for design and planning stages for a four bed dormer? I'd like a guide to be able to say that either we just under estimated what the norm would be or maybe we're going to the wrong kind of architect?

We're pretty clueless unfortunately so any advice would be gratefully received.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

bee06 wrote: »
    Hi, I hope this is the right place ... if not apologies.

Me and my boyfriend are looking to build a house and are currently talking to architects. We've gotten fee proposals back from three so far and the costs are wildly different.

I was wondering what would be a reasonable price range for an architect to charge for design and planning stages for a four bed dormer? I'd like a guide to be able to say that either we just under estimated what the norm would be or maybe we're going to the wrong kind of architect?

We're pretty clueless unfortunately so any advice would be gratefully received.
    http://touch.boards.ie/search?q=Architect+costs

Advertisement