Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

c.a.o. application queries

Options
  • 23-01-2013 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi, a few quick questions for anyone that can help:)
    When filling in the mature section on-line should i place much emphasis on the work experience section when none of my previous employment has much reference to the course i want to do? same for the hobbies and interests(although i will mention interests in technology and computing)
    also i seen in larianne's thread that she sent in a c.v. is that necessary? as apart from a fetac course the rest of mine wouldn't really have much bearing on my course choice
    One last thing i am applying for a level 8 course but there is a similar one at level 7 from the same college,would it have any bearing if i applied for both,are they more likely to give me the level 7 one (dkit 821 dkit 721) software development
    cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 FatherFrost

I'm not sure about the whole Level 7-8 lark.
    But after filling out similar applications myself this weekend, I filled in 3 jobs because they had 3 fields for it, and none have any relevance to the course I'm applying for. I can only assume they just want to see if you had jobs and if so, for how long and where.
    I'm not sure it matters if they are in the same field(sure it would be a plus) but I think they are looking for proof of discipline and motivation, like a busy job for a few years = good discipline and the likes. If he stuck to a job for 3 years, then he can stick to a course.

They are trying to see if you are a chancer or not, as places are limited and who wants to waste a valuable spot on someone who isn't deserving?
    That's my view on it :)

Advertisement