Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dressmaking/lingerie design classes or tutor in Dublin?

Options
  • 23-01-2013 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all,
    Im really interested in doing a dressmaking or sewing class. Im an absolute beginner! But I'm really interested in doing lingerie design and Im aware that involves different techniques that would not necessarily be used in dressmaking. There are courses that specifically teach bra making, underwear making and corset making in England particularly London, I was wondering if there was anything similar in Ireland? I know lingerie design is taught as part of some fashion design degree courses but as I've already done a degree and masters in another field I am unable to go to college full-time as I work and cannot afford a degree course at the moment either. Anyone know of any courses in Dublin, I've seen none on the web or even any dressmakers/ lingerie designers that teach?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Foxtyboxty

I have done corset making and have intermediate to advanced sewing skills and am too interested in such a class. #following

However if you are interested in informal classes for sewing and pattern based corset making pm me and I can tutor you on that.

Advertisement