Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need accomodation near Thomond Stadium *please help*

• 23-01-2013 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭

Going to Springsteen in July....need to book accomadation for it!

Can someone please recommend/suggest a b&b, hostel or hotel as close as possible to the stadium. Going on my own so the closer the safer for me.

Also nowhere too dear, tickets were dear enough :rolleyes:

checked a few places close but seem to be booked out for the concert :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

There will be 25,000 going to the concert that day so there will be hundreds walking from the city centre to Thomond, they'll be easy enough to follow so being close isn't the biggest issue.

The closest hotels would be The Strand, The Pier and The Woodfield House Hotel both in the Ennis Road area.

But if you get a hotel in the city centre, you should be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Best of luck, I'd say everything within the immediate area if not the entire city was probably booked out soon after the tickets sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I did a quick check on Trivago and YES you did leave it very late to find something. Cheapest hotel is not walking distance to be honest. The Kilmurray Lodge is €89 and I'd nearly guarantee they'd be running a Park n Ride return coach for €4 or something on the day.

It's showing on Lastminute.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

how far is the city from Thomond? will be walking...

the reason why l want it close as possible is cause il be queing very early in the morning, & then having to walk back at night, dont know my way round limerick at all.

how far is the city from Thomond? will be walking...

the reason why l want it close as possible is cause il be queing very early in the morning, & then having to walk back at night, dont know my way round limerick at all.

What we are saying is there is NOTHING in the city centre so you must travel further unless you ring the B&Bs because they cannot be checked online. A Taxi would cost about €10-12 each way but if you must WALK then you're not going to get anything in the city so you're going to have to figure something else out.

Here's a map. 6.9kms

https://maps.google.ie/maps?saddr=Kilmurray+Lodge+Hotel+Ltd,+Limerick&daddr=Thomond+Park,+Cratloe+Road,+Limerick&hl=en&ll=52.667742,-8.598175&spn=0.053925,0.169086&sll=52.668471,-8.598175&sspn=0.053924,0.169086&geocode=FXKoIwMdN3p9_yFfWe2wHs3txCmn_8C7pF5bSDFfWe2wHs3txA%3BFYS-IwMdkSB8_yGXUzva7IsgZylLkqMs8VxbSDGXUzva7IsgZw&oq=thomond+par&t=h&mra=ltm&z=13

• Advertisement

There will be 25,000 going to the concert that day so there will be hundreds walking from the city centre to Thomond, they'll be easy enough to follow so being close isn't the biggest issue.

The closest hotels would be The Strand, The Pier and The Woodfield House Hotel both in the Ennis Road area.

But if you get a hotel in the city centre, you should be grand.

there all booked out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

What about the Absolute Hotel its bout 20/30 mins walk from Thomond Park but with the crowds it'll be fine to walk back too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

I went on to www.booking.com to see if there was anything for the nights of the 15th and 16th July 2013 for 1 adult.

The Southcourt in Raheen and the Kilmurray Lodge both have vacancies but their prices are €244 and €172 respectively and they only have 1 room and 2 rooms left respectively.

The Travelodge in Castletroy is quoting €198 for the two nights and only has 1 room left.

BUT the University of Limerick has campus accommodation available with a single room for €98 for the two nights

To be honest, that is probably the best you are going to get. And you'd need to book it sooner rather than later!!

kiersm wrote: »
    What about the Absolute Hotel its bout 20/30 mins walk from Thomond Park but with the crowds it'll be fine to walk back too

ah booked out too!

thanks for all the suggestions, appreciate it! :)

Tell me is Corbally very far? 30min walk?

• Advertisement

Bicycle wrote: »
    I went on to www.booking.com to see if there was anything for the nights of the 15th and 16th July 2013 for 1 adult.

The Southcourt in Raheen and the Kilmurray Lodge both have vacancies but their prices are €244 and €172 respectively and they only have 1 room and 2 rooms left respectively.

The Travelodge in Castletroy is quoting €198 for the two nights and only has 1 room left.

BUT the University of Limerick has campus accommodation available with a single room for €98 for the two nights

To be honest, that is probably the best you are going to get. And you'd need to book it sooner rather than later!!

expensive enough :/

If l cant find anything cheaper by tomorrow il just have to cough up :rolleyes:

Definately doable in 30mins although it depends where in corbally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Have you tried the South Court Hotel in Raheen or any guesthouses nearby?
    They usually do a park and ride from the Centra shop carpark beside the South Court for matches and concerts.I've got it several times.
    That would mean a bus door to door, you couldn't do better than that. 304 is the usual bus to take you into the city for anything else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Dont rush into paying a mad price yet plenty of time to go

The Mary I student village turns into a hostel/budget accomodation for June.JUly and August but prob just not up on booking sites yet

Theres alot of old fashioned b&bs not online but i will stick up a few numbers for ya during the week

big pink - l know the concert is a long way off but there are so many places already booked out so ld need to get it out of the way this week!

never thought of mary I, il check that out.

That would be great thank you! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

Going to Springsteen in July....need to book accomadation for it!

Can someone please recommend/suggest a b&b, hostel or hotel as close as possible to the stadium. Going on my own so the closer the safer for me.

Also nowhere too dear, tickets were dear enough :rolleyes:

checked a few places close but seem to be booked out for the concert :(

The LIT student accomodation places when the college year is over. All short walking distance.
    http://www.thomondholiday.com/
    http://www.cratloewood.com/SummerLettings.aspx

I'm not sure if they rent for just one night but it's worth a try as they are so close.

managed to book a B&B, few minutes walking distance from Thomond :D

Thanks all for the suggestions & help! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dmartin22196

Anyone know anything about ashgrove house in rosssroe avenue, i booked it?

All I know is that I think that B&B is there as long as I can remember. Hard to stay in business if you're not doing the job right so probably grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

juneg wrote: »
    Have you tried the South Court Hotel in Raheen or any guesthouses nearby?
    They usually do a park and ride from the Centra shop carpark beside the South Court for matches and concerts.I've got it several times.
    That would mean a bus door to door, you couldn't do better than that. 304 is the usual bus to take you into the city for anything else.

Is the bus not 302?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

This is it on google maps. http://goo.gl/maps/o76pM

I think the lady that runs the B&B was the lady that ran the Cosy Kitchen on Cecil St a few years back, if it is then you should have no problems with the B&B.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dmartin22196

phog wrote: »

This is it on google maps. http://goo.gl/maps/o76pM

I think the lady that runs the B&B was the lady that ran the Cosy Kitchen on Cecil St a few years back, if it is then you should have no problems with the B&B.

Thanks lads, thats good to hear, when you're on a shoestring budget!

Advertisement