Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

secure gallery software for website?

Options
  • 23-01-2013 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭

Hi guys there's probably a load of threads on this so sorry in advance!

I work for a company that archives old photos and documents
    I'm looking for software (or a suite of software packages) that would allow customers to log into our site and privately view galleries of photos, videos and scanned PDF documents that we upload on their behalf
    (we already have our own hosting and user log-in system in place on our site)

currently we are uploading videos to youtube and setting them to "unlisted" but we feel there are security issues and realistically we don't have control over the look and feel of the video presentation

we had thought of moving our pages over to a self-hosted wordpress but we are not sure if the apps available would support CMS, a customer log-in etc?

would anyone have any insight into this for me on a good avenue to take?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Can you not just place a simple gallery page inside the login area?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

smash wrote: »
    Can you not just place a simple gallery page inside the login area?

Possibly, but none of us really know as we're not web designers/programmers
    We are a little out if our comfort zone!!

Can you not go back to the company who created the site for you?

smash wrote: »
    Can you not go back to the company who created the site for you?

we're not 100% happy with the company that built it so ideally we are shopping around for a new designer,possibly to modify what's already in place (it's look isn't exactly right and the functionality is almos there but not perfected to the level we think is reasonable to expect in this day and age)
    that's where we are stuck: we're not exactly sure what is required to get the job done?? any ideas on where to shop for a local, reliable designer??

thanks again

You can try the 'Work Wanted Superthread' on this forum.

• Advertisement

will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

punchdrunk wrote: »
    Hi guys there's probably a load of threads on this so sorry in advance!

I work for a company that archives old photos and documents
    I'm looking for software (or a suite of software packages) that would allow customers to log into our site and privately view galleries of photos, videos and scanned PDF documents that we upload on their behalf
    (we already have our own hosting and user log-in system in place on our site)

currently we are uploading videos to youtube and setting them to "unlisted" but we feel there are security issues and realistically we don't have control over the look and feel of the video presentation

we had thought of moving our pages over to a self-hosted wordpress but we are not sure if the apps available would support CMS, a customer log-in etc?

would anyone have any insight into this for me on a good avenue to take?

cheers

I think the simplest option would be to use a third party service. Zenfolio is really good, is feature rich and can be customised visually and also with your own domain name.

€100 per year will get you unlimited storage for photos and video. And each folder can have it's own login details.

that's an excellent find thanks!!

Advertisement