Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 webtext query

Options
  • 23-01-2013 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I want to change from an o2 billpay (contract expired) account to another mobile provider, either PAYG or billpay.

I have an old phone which is not suitable for address book syncing and intend replacing it with an iphone 5 or similar.

The webtext address book is extensive so I'd like to keep it 'live' if at all possible. The only way I can think of doing this is to get an o2 PAYG SIM card with my existing number ported to it. This would not be used in a phone - only to keep the online account open.

Then, get another SIM card on a different network with the same number.

Does anyone know if this is possible? If not, any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Yorky wrote: »

Then, get another SIM card on a different network with the same number.

Does anyone know if this is possible? If not, any other ideas would be appreciated.

Afraid not.

Other networks have webtexts. Just copy the contacts across?

Are they international webtexts or just to ROI?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

Almost all ROI contacts

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Yorky wrote: »
    Almost all ROI contacts

Well then you choose meteor, three, vodafone and use there webtexts. Vodafone give you 600 a month, so start there. Three give you 333 and meteor is 300.

Is that any help?

Advertisement