Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank account has disappeared!

Options
  • 23-01-2013 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

My ulsterbank current account has disappeared literally! Its not visble online or on my mobile and I cant use my card to withdraw money. There is money in the account and ive been using it non stop for 18+ years! There is no overdraft on it or anything!! Its nearly 6 so the branches are closed and ive no credit to ring anytime banking and no account to top up my phone and 2mrw is pay day!! What if i dont get paid!! Is anyone else having problems or is it just me?

I should add that i have 2 ulsterbank accounts - 1 is a student current account and its fine, the other 1 is a normal current account and its the normal one thats taken legs and walked with my money!! EEEKK!!! oh and i only used the account yesterday and today its gone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

I just logged into mine on anytime banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,353 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

GismoBaby wrote: »
    My ulsterbank current account has disappeared literally! Its not visble online or on my mobile and I cant use my card to withdraw money. There is money in the account and ive been using it non stop for 18+ years! There is no overdraft on it or anything!! Its nearly 6 so the branches are closed and ive no credit to ring anytime banking and no account to top up my phone and 2mrw is pay day!! What if i dont get paid!! Is anyone else having problems or is it just me?

I should add that i have 2 ulsterbank accounts - 1 is a student current account and its fine, the other 1 is a normal current account and its the normal one thats taken legs and walked with my money!! EEEKK!!! oh and i only used the account yesterday and today its gone
    Im sure it return tomorrow. That said. They once closed an old account of mine and when I enquired, they sent out a letter saying it was closed and the funds had been transferred to a guy down the road with ssme surname!!! so anything is possible with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Yesterday I paid my cc online, there was no record of it coming off my current account (it comes off immediately normally). I thought maybe I didn't do it correctly but decided to wait and see if anything changed (in my account) today. Sure enough it came off today, there was defo some glitch yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

mickdw wrote: »
    Im sure it return tomorrow. That said. They once closed an old account of mine and when I enquired, they sent out a letter saying it was closed and the funds had been transferred to a guy down the road with ssme surname!!! so anything is possible with them.

if it was only the fact that i couldnt see the account it wouldnt be too bad but i tried to use my card and it was declined at the atm. Thank got id a fiver for a pack of sausages or the kids would be having sandwiches for dinner

Sick of this nonsense wth UB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Call the Anytime number. They should be able to sort it out for you.

• Advertisement

Any update

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

Call the Anytime number. They should be able to sort it out for you.

also one thing that annoys me is when u ring the dundrum Branch and need to speak to a oerson in the branch u end up getting Northern Irleand and then they say they will get the person to call back but u never get that call.

Im changing banks and to be honest i was told all direct debits would be sorted but im ringing up myself just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭GismoBaby

Right so story goes... they 'put a stop' on my current account because they wanted to get my attention due to the fact that my student overdraft hadnt been paid off. Ive applied twice since october to have that blasted overdraft reapplied as im still in college, first time they lost the paperwork and second time they refused to accept my student ID as it didnt have a graduation date(BULL!)... ive never seen an ID card with a graduation date ever, just covers you for the year! Tried to tell me then that my account is dormant - apparently as it hasnt been used since may!! Ive a BOI account since the year dot that isnt dormant and never used ever!

Called into the branch today, spent an hour on the phone at the customer services desk talking to collections and complaints and finally got the overdraft sorted, the current account reactivated and €20 in apology for the f**k up and all interest reversed off the overdraft account :D

Still leaving them though :cool:

How legally/morally/ethically wrong is it to deny someone access to their money just to get their attention. The consequences of them doing that could have been huge, luckily on this occassion it wasnt but it could have been

I guess they can do it seeing as technically it was their money you were spending however seeing as they have fecked up in dealing with your overdraft applications, its very poor customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

that annoys me is when u ring the dundrum Branch and need to speak to a oerson in the branch u end up getting Northern Irleand and then they say they will get the person to call back but u never get that call.

Im changing banks and to be honest i was told all direct debits would be sorted but im ringing up myself just in case

• Advertisement
Advertisement