Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vote for your favourite makeup brushes

• 23-01-2013 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hey ladies,

I know this has been discussed in various threads at length but I just wanted to make a poll to get an idea of what the overall favourite is. I am in need of a few new brushes, a foundation brush is probably the one I need most.

So I have listed a few brands that come up in this forum time and time again. Would you mind taking two seconds to vote for which one you find best?

Many thanks :D

* I should have mentioned, if you vote for 'Other' can you please say which brand on the thread.

In your experience, which brand is best overall? 19 votes

Mac
    0% 0 votes
    Sephora
    84% 16 votes
    ELF
    0% 0 votes
    Benefit
    5% 1 vote
    No 7
    5% 1 vote
    Other, e.g Essence, Eco-tools, NYX etc
    5% 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I went for Mac. My 187 is over two years old now and still in great condition. Special mention to Real Techniques. Great prices and quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm a big fan of Real Techniques for both quality and price. I like MAC also.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Excellent, I hadn't even heard of Real Techniques. Thread has paid off already haha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Another Real Techniques fan here too aswell as Mac. Boots sell RT brushes, i got 2 of their sets and really like them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Sigma and real techniques. I don't think I'd ever go back to mac when you can easily get less expensive alternatives that are just as good quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

Real techniques and a set of Face 2 brushes my partner got me 5 years ago. Still really soft and just great!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I have a set of Face 2 brushes from my course with Make up Forever. They are brilliant! I still need to get a foundation brush though, so will check out Real Techniques in Boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Real Techniques for me too, and specifically the face brushes. <3 my buffing brush. I like Sigma eye brushes, and MAC 217. But as Scraggs said, there really is no need to go for expensive brushes when there are brands out there that do great quality brushes for cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭gingernut125

Sigma and sedona lace!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Sigma and real techniques.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Eco Tools and Real Techniques are great (esp. for the price) - have a few Mac brushes too but nothing special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

My Sigma Mrs Bunny kit is used every day, I adore it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Real Techniques. Their buffing brush and expert face brush are amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 Emm511

Real Techniques are amazing I have there Core Collection,Starter Set and the Stippling Brush. They are so soft and easy to use have mine about six months now. Great price as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Got some sigma brushes for Xmas- mrs bunny travel and precision kit. Love them. My makeup looks so much nicer using them. Having said that I've only used Eco tools, no7 and Avon otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MagiD

Sigma all the way.. great quality brushes, love my mrs bunny kit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Sorry hi-jacking this here just to ask where do people buy their Real Techniques brushes?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I bought my RT powder brush in Boots. Paid for it with my points :D Not sure how the prices compare to online. Very good site in general http://www.cloud10beauty.com/brands/index/search/id/Real%20Techniques%20by%20Samantha%20Chapman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

I voted Mac as I tend to use them more although I have a few sigma brushes that are fantastic quality not to mention the price. I LOVE my smashbox blending brush.....but for work I tend to use my Mac brushes more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Twee. wrote: »
    I bought my RT powder brush in Boots. Paid for it with my points :D Not sure how the prices compare to online. Very good site in general http://www.cloud10beauty.com/brands/index/search/id/Real%20Techniques%20by%20Samantha%20Chapman

I've never seen them in Boots, they must only be stocked in the bigger stores? I'll keep an eye out anyway, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 Emm511

Meangadh wrote: »
    Sorry hi-jacking this here just to ask where do people buy their Real Techniques brushes?

I got my Real Technique brushes off love-makeup.co.uk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Meangadh wrote: »

I've never seen them in Boots, they must only be stocked in the bigger stores? I'll keep an eye out anyway, thanks!

I bought mine in Boots in Liffey Valley but I've also seen them in Boots in Dundrum and the one in Naas which is pretty small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Sigma and real techniques for me (iherb are brilliant value for real techniques - about a third of the price of boots and there is always a ten euro off code - think theres one on bargain alerts at the mo)

Advertisement