Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Liability Insurance costs

Options
  • 23-01-2013 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭

i am setting up a mobile car valeting bussiness soon and want to know the cost of Public Liability Insurance

i will also be washing footpaths, windows, carpets, maybe even ovens
    wont be driving customers cars and i wont be climbing ladders

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

i am 27 years old btw =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

i am 27 years old btw =]

I am not trying to be smart, but you should ask an insurance broker!! TRy whoever you use for car/home insurance first

cheers

Peter

i am looking for a rough idea .. is it going to thousands or hundreds

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Call Britton insurance. But around €500

really that cheap!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

it will be cheapest when bundled with other insurance otherwise you face a minimum premium scenario. Or you could just google online public liability insurance and you can get a ton of online vendors

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

I know plumbers and builders etc pay from approx. 900euro upwards for sole traders, depending on the risk evaluation and it increases quickly when you employ people.
    But as has been said, you need to ring around.
    Some of the insurers will do a payment plan for you, xx% down, balance over 6 months, takes the sting out of it.
    Hope that helps, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

http://bizbroker.ie/ get in touch with these guys. Cheapest PL insurance in Ireland by a country mile!

I have no affiliation, been using them for three years now and always the cheapest.

mailed bizbroker there thanks ^

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Your looking at around 500 - 700 all depending if you have had pl insurance before and if your getting all your insurance from the same provider. Shop around as it can vary from different companies and different counties. Who have you got your van insurance with? have you contacted them to see about getting a quote. Your insurance could be a bit higher if your doing oven cleaning I would imagine as your going into customers homes. For mobile valeting tho your looking around the 500 - 700 mark. Are you using the reach and wash system to clean the windows?

• Advertisement

a local broker insures me, i must contact them tomorrow
    as for the windows i think i will stick with house's just use an extension (two story max)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

http://bizbroker.ie/ get in touch with these guys. Cheapest PL insurance in Ireland by a country mile!

I have no affiliation, been using them for three years now and always the cheapest.

Just found this thread and thanks - best quote by a county mile.

Advertisement