Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question regarding Computing and Digital Media/Software Development course

• 23-01-2013 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,

I'm considering applying for both of these courses as a mature Student. I have many qualifications in IT subjects from VTOS and FAS courses, as well as MOUS and ACA certificates. I'm concerned that I don't have enough Maths experience however. Could anyone who has done either of these please inform me how relevant this would be? I have a pass in ordinary LC maths from school, and a distinction in foundation LC maths which I took a few years ago. Is this enough of a baseline for beginning this course or would I need to spend this year taking the foundation course that the college offers first?

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭tampler

Maths for both courses are taught from the very beginning. In other words, The teacher presumes you have never learned the topics before.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 nyahoi

Brilliant! Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianw1

In dig media, there is a maths module in first year, its similar in difficulty to pass level leaving cert. In 2nd year, you have to do "quantative methods", similar in difficulty to honours level leaving cert, its very hard. Can't speak about the software side, but I know they do maths in 1st year too.

Advertisement