Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPI on Car Loan

Options
  • 23-01-2013 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

I was working in the south back in the mid 00's and took out a loan from BOI to buy a car. Did miselling of PPI happen in Ireland as well? Can it be claimed back like in the UK?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Misselling: possibly. Certainly not on the scale it was done in the UK, which was massive.

Entitlement: there's been no such wave here, nor any massive judgement that grants you a refund. You would need to prove you were actively mis-sold the product for a start, which would be quite hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭amallon

Not what I wanted to hear BuffyBot but cheers for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

I wouldn't be put off that easily. If you think you were sold PPI and you didn't want it - or were told it was compulsory then you should think about trying to get a refund.
    There has been a lot of misselling of PPI here - with a massive review of all policies sold from 2007 currently underway.

See here http://www.moneyguideireland.com/category/ppi

Advertisement