Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB - amend or cancel Standing Order Online

Options
  • 23-01-2013 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

It's impossible to do it online it seems, anyone else have this trouble?

Any time I try I get an error "Sorry, you are unable to view details of this standing order, please contact us for assistance on ...."

Same error on different browsers and happened months ago when I tried originally.

Does it have to be done by phone/writing/trip to the bank? seems odd that they give you the option to amend/cancel online if that's the case.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Shouldn't be: perhaps give telephone banking a call and see if they can do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

I had same trouble, with one I set up on paper I had to either ring or call in, can't remember which! The one I'd set up online I was able to cancel online

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Yeah, I think it's as dearg lady said. You might be only able to edit/cancel standing orders that you set up yourself.

The only other reason I can think of is that it might be a standing order to a regular savings account etc, where you must deposit the same amount every week/month etc.

Was this a standing order you set up yourself on online banking? Was there anything special about it (ie linked to a savings account, or loan repayment etc)?

Advertisement