Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography - HELP!

• 23-01-2013 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Geography is a new subject this year.
    I am quite bogged down and need advice?

I need a B2/B3.

I have 8 weeks left until mocks ! How can I use that time with Geography?

There just seems to be a lot to learn! We flew through the physical, half of regional done and starting human and geoecology :(
    I really want to treat the mocks as if it were the real thing. But there's just so much.
    Our teacher isn't great. She spends the class either reading the book or correcting clowns in the class < (hard to believe, in a repeat LC class!)
    I have the exam skills by sue honan and my main geo book.
    Can someone please, please tell me if there are things I can cut? Especially from regional ?
    Stressed over this!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭CatEyed92

Help?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,237 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What sort of a job did you do on your project? Have you maximised your marks there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Honestly one suggestion is when drafting your project, draft it on a text document.

I had to submit a draft for my project, and I did it from 12-2 or 3 am the night before (I know major procrastination ~ working on it these days)

I got the highest result in the class (around 89%). I printed it out on sheets of course, but now all I have to do when the booklets come round is write it in and tweak it slightly (not necessary).

Just make sure you sort out the project so your not thinking about it :)!

It's not too hard, infact all our data got lost and I couldnt remember alot, just use your book and make up figures if your doing something like a beach survey.

The exam well, practice your short questions and learn a good 80 marker and have knowledge of the rest.

Geography is one of those subjects that is easier to understand than say - Physics, and then it's just a matter of repeating exam papers or reading over model answers/information in the book.

Advertisement