Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to cancel greyhound waste

Options
  • 23-01-2013 8:34pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi,
    Apologies for the lazy question but how do you cancel your greyhound waste account. I was hoping there was a straight forward way on their website but no, nothing, nada, zilch. I guess it must be a rare request given the lack of information but I would prefer not to use them anymore and want to formalise the arrangement. Have already sent email but would like to be sure. Also, there is a balance due - is that ever refunded or do you have to earn your money back.
    Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Would like to know this too as they are impossible to get on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

They were brought to task a while ago over a policy which they had demanding a cancellation fee as well as not refunding any surplus money paid at the time an account is cancelled.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/1221/1224328082390.html
    Greyhound Recycling agrees to refund customers

COLIN GLEESON

Waste collection company Greyhound Recycling has agreed to refund customers who lost money cancelling contracts, following talks with the National Consumer Agency (NCA).

The company will also amend the terms and conditions of its standard contracts with a month.

Other waste management companies are also under investigation by the National Consumer Agency.

The agency said last night it had “received an undertaking under the Consumer Protection Act 2007 that the company will amend contract terms and conditions that we consider unfair”.

These included customers having to forfeit any credit balances if they cancelled their contract within 12 months and charging a €45 fee in the same circumstances. These charges will be refunded by Greyhound.

NCA acting chief executive Sean Murphy said he “welcomed” the agreement reached, and Greyhound’s “willingness to proactively engage with us on this issue” in recent weeks.

foggy_lad wrote: »
    They were brought to task a while ago over a policy which they had demanding a cancellation fee as well as not refunding any surplus money paid at the time an account is cancelled.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/1221/1224328082390.html

That's rich seeing as before my initial 12 months are up they have charged me for the next 12 hence I want to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

email them : CUSTOMERCARE@greyhound.ie

Had a similar problem with them and they just keep trying to fob you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

email them with your account details cancelling their services.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭cbee20

I rang Greyhound to cancel and was requested to put it in writing. Was informed all my credit would be refunded. Received the following e-mail stating that 40.80 euro would be taken for cleaning the bins they were going to remove. The following is the e-mail with an alternative number to ring apart from 1890.

Thank you for contacting Greyhound. Please note there is a bin recovery and sanitisation charge of €40.80 for customers who wish to close their accounts. If you wish to go ahead with the cancellation please let me know and I will do it for you.
    If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.
    Kind regards
    <SNIP>
    Customer Care Agent
    Crag Avenue, Clondalkin Industrial Estate, Clondalkin, D22
    Low Call: 1890 98 99 98
    Email ; dublincity@greyhound.ie Main Ph 01 457 7777 Option 1 Then 1 Again
    Fax 01 419 6882

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

This has come up on the thread over in Bargain Alerts. Have they just renamed their cancellation fee then so they can still charge it?!

EDIT - just checking back thru mails etc... we signed up to City Bin earlier than I remember - it was on the 4th of Jan - when the old Greyhound T&Cs were still in place and they were told they weren't fair etc and they were to be canceled/revoked.. GH have us down as our service ending TODAY even though the cancellation letter stated the 4th of Jan - I'm guessing so they can try and charge us this €40?!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mikekerry

I have been trying to cancel my greyhound account for the last week.
    Initially I emailed them to cancel the account, then made a couple of phone calls and still not cancelled.
    Thankfully I contacted my bank to put a stop on my auto top up monies going from my account to greyhound .
    Greyhound then tried to take the yearly fee of 80 euro from my account today thankfully it was declined because of the bank stop.

mikekerry wrote: »
    I have been trying to cancel my greyhound account for the last week.
    Initially I emailed them to cancel the account, then made a couple of phone calls and still not cancelled.
    Thankfully I contacted my bank to put a stop on my auto top up monies going from my account to greyhound .
    Greyhound then tried to take the yearly fee of 80 euro from my account today thankfully it was declined because of the bank stop.

A week? According to this thread I've been trying for 6 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mikekerry

not much as changed so with greyhound in 6 years!

• Advertisement
Advertisement