Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP in Finglas area

Options
  • 23-01-2013 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

I'm looking for a good GP (with maternity service) in the Finglas area, Dublin 11. Any reccommondations welcome!

Many thanks

N

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Dr. MV Malone in Ballygall is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ajc100

Creamore clinic beside the quary pub.

http://www.cremoreclinic.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

nbj wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking for a good GP (with maternity service) in the Finglas area, Dublin 11. Any reccommondations welcome!

Many thanks

N
    Dr o Leary,clune rd.Dr singh,glenhill rd.cremore clinic,ballygall rd.all good docs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Dr. Maloney on the north road - recommendation from my mother in law who is from Finglas

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ajc100 wrote: »
    Creamore clinic beside the quary pub.

http://www.cremoreclinic.ie/

My partner and our child uses this place. Handy parking but a fraction expensive at €60, where my doctor in Finglas Village is €50.

only recently got a refurbishment so its a nice place to be told you only have 3 days to live :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 809 ✭✭✭frankosw

John Curtain in Finglas Medical centre is my GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Dr. Maloney on the north road - recommendation from my mother in law who is from Finglas
    Do you mean Dr. Moroney? He used to be my doctor, but stopped going to him after he was driving home shítfaced one night and killed someone!

I think Doctor Moroney has passed away...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

January wrote: »
    I think Doctor Moroney has passed away...
    Ah right. He was based on the north road too, that's why I thought it was him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Cienciano wrote: »
    Ah right. He was based on the north road too, that's why I thought it was him.

You were right btw, it was him that was convicted in that case.

Mod Note: I think its best we move away from this topic though and stick to the op's question

Edit: It's a different Dr Moroney

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

OP, if you get any of the doctors to accept you, can come back and let us know??

i have lived in Finglas for 8 years and i cant get a local doctor to accept me as patient, they all told me they are full and are no longer accepting new clients
    :mad:

My doctors in in Fitzwilliam Square, which is a nightmare to get to when you sick, plus the fact D-Doc wont deal with me because i havent got a doctor in the Finglas area

irishbird wrote: »
    OP, if you get any of the doctors to accept you, can come back and let us know??

i have lived in Finglas for 8 years and i cant get a local doctor to accept me as patient, they all told me they are full and are no longer accepting new clients
    :mad:

My doctors in in Fitzwilliam Square, which is a nightmare to get to when you sick, plus the fact D-Doc wont deal with me because i havent got a doctor in the Finglas area

Have you tried finglas medical center? I had no problem registering with a new GP there at all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

frankosw wrote: »
    Have you tried finglas medical center? I had no problem registering with a new GP there at all.

Im with Dr. Fegan in there too.

The Village Medical Centre
    Directions

Address: 45 Main St, Finglas Village, Finglas, Dublin 11.
    Phone:(01) 834 1124
    Hours: Friday hours 09:00–12:30, 14:00–17:00 - See all

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

yeah, i tired there 2 years ago and was told no.

Every year or so, i ring around all of them, may be it cos i am only sick once a year or less

next time i am sick, i will give them call

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Every year or so, i ring around all of them, may be it cos i am only sick once a year or less

Are you on a medical card?

I'm with a GP in Finglas medical centre but when I originally rang the receptionist didn't want to let me see a doctor "they're not accepting new patients" when I said it was an emergency they gave me a once off appointment.

Once I had the appointment I asked the doctor for a recommendation as he wasn't taking new patients and his answer was "who told you that? I'm happy to have you as a patient"

Afterwards I considered that maybe they weren't taking new medical card customers on, or that the receptionist was speaking from her own perspective rather than the GP. Worth a try anyway.

Dont ring them..go in directly and say you want to talk to a doctor..once they find out you're not a medical card holder they'll snap you up. And i've never had an apointemnt nor ever had to wait longer than ten mins or so.

irishbird, go into Dr. Malone and register. He was definitely taking on new patients up to three years ago as I registered myself and my daughters there when I lived in Finglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 nbj

Tried calling most places and seems none are taking new patients, The village Medical Centre referred me to Dr Thomas A Moroney as he is still accepting new patients.

Spoke to them yesterday and yes it is not a problem to register with them. They are situated on 23 North Road
    opening hours are 9-1 and 2-5, contact number 01 8343932. :)

Advertisement