Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOME EC HELP!!!

• 23-01-2013 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Ok so I'm a repeat and home ec is my new subject this year which I have taken up on my own. My mock is in 2 weeks and I have to do a full one without everything being covered. I know it's just the mock but I'm getting really worried about it. I study it everyday but I still don't have it all covered. I just want to know is there anything that I can leave out just until after the mocks or anything that I should definately know well. Any help would be appreciated. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭thegreatescape

Well you definitely need to know your Nutrients/Food Commodities for the 1st question of Section B. The short questions are a mixture of everything on the course so you need to have a broad range of topics revised for that... There's usually a long question on the Family and something to do with Management too. As for the Elective, hope for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cottonpencil

Hi LCR13, I'm in leaving cert and doing home ec too and it's probably my favourite subject! basically if you know all your food studies and sociology core and elective you can completely ignore resource management and consummer studies and still get 100% :) hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭lennyloulou

A Macro nutrient is due in section B Q1
    Also marriage ans Consumers

Pick Elective 3- study poverty/unemployment

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LCR13

Thanks guys for the replies:)
    So basically if i know the food studies part- Vit.'s,minerals,CHO,Protein,lipids and the food commodities and diet and the elective i should definately pass / more? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

LCR13 wrote: »
    Thanks guys for the replies:)
    So basically if i know the food studies part- Vit.'s,minerals,CHO,Protein,lipids and the food commodities and diet and the elective i should definately pass / more? :/
    And the three social studies chapters :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 LCR13

And the three social studies chapters :)

Ok I think I got it now :P thanks :)

Advertisement