Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accommodation For Galway races 2013 [you need >100 posts to offer a house]

Options
  • 23-01-2013 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Where would be the best and cheapest places to stay for about 7 people for the week of the galway races?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

For a large amount of people and there for more than 4 days, Link

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I think it's better to stay in one if the city hotels than out near the racecourse if yer planning on going out a lot. Taxis in and out late at night are going to cost quite a bit. With demand and traffic. Whereas there are buses to and fro the race course every day for a few quid. I'd stay in jury's or even the likes of Garveys on the square :) happy racing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The Clayton won't be the cheapest.

You could try erecting a big tent in Eyre Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

There's also Flannery's and the Carlton Hotels on the Dublin Rd within walking distance (and make the "ladies" walk in their heels).

• Registered Users Posts: 12 shaunf2k9

Hi all,
    I am looking for some information about accomodation during race week 2013. A group of about 7 of us are planning on spending a week in Galway for the races. At the moment I am in the process of searching for accomodation for that week i.e. apartment or house. As we are only students we cannot afford anything too expensive. We would be willing to pay anything up to 600 for a house or apartment for the week. I was just enquiring if anyone knows of any apartments or houses in Galway City that are a reasonable price for a group of about 7. All help is much appreciated.:)

Aye, it's a good idea to start looking early.
    Try daft www.daft.ie/shortterm
    and have a look at previous years' threads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

i think you would be very very lucky to get a house for a week for seven people for 600 Euro. Race Week is the week in Galway that everyone is out to make money - try putting a 1 before that 600 and it might be nearer reality. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Book a Room for a week in one of the hostels

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Meemars

Try the Student accommodation places. They rent to the public during Summer months.
    Corrib Village, Dun/Gort na Coiribe, Glasan, Cuirt na Rasai, Menlo Park apartments. (Mods, hope it's ok to name these)

I've no idea how much Race Week would cost, but you might be able to find availability early on.

Book asap though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Corrib Village will prob be your best shot apart from hostels.

http://www.campusaccommodation.ie/summer-visitors/

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Would probably be a lot cheaper in Athenry to stay and rent somewhere out that way? Must check out places in the city centre myself for the Saturday and Sunday - best days of the week in my opinion....

brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 12 shaunf2k9

Thanks all,
    I think I will go with the Corrib Village :)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭STADEdeLUC

Had a look around for existing threads but the one I found useful was closed, so I said I'd chance a new one.

Heading to the races again this year, left accommodation very late again and with hostels and from what I can see most B&B's booked for Wednesday and Thursday, Im going to shout and ask does anyone know of anywhere or anyone that would have accommodation for 7 on either Wednesday or Thursday for 1 night?

Cheers.

I suppose it's getting to that time of year again.
    Sticked for a while for accommodation questions/requests and offers.
    As per usual boardsies can offer up their own accommodation if they are established.
    By established I mean more than 100 posts on boards.
    Anyone can ask for tips on where to stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

4 Bed Apartment on Eyre street which I will be letting for the whole of Race Week.

3 Doubles and 1 Single Sleeps 7 , All Mod Cons, no parking, great secure location (CCTV, Fob Access) within a minutes walk of Eyre Square.

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 12 versc

Hi GalwayGaillimh

How much is the house for the week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Looking for somewhere to rent for the Thursday to Saturday, 31st to the 3rd. 6 people in total.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

House in Clifden available, with helipad.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

2 bed seafront apartment in Salthill available to rent for race week until the Friday (26th -> 2nd Aug).
    Twin and ensuite double room with panoramic sea views.
    Off street parking, in apartment block car park.
    All mod cons

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

3 bedroom house in Knocknacarra available for all of race week.
    2 double bedrooms (1 ensuite) & 1 single bedroom.
    Comes fully kitted, with kitchen, living room..etc
    Off street parking, WiFi..etc No TV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

I know this probably doesn't suit, but I have a room in my house I would be willing to let out for Raceweek, either a single or a double. I will even cook you breakfast, if you are sound. Just in renmore, right on bus routes out to Ballybrit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Recently renovated 3-bedroom house in Mervue available for Race Week.
    2 double bedrooms & 1 single bedroom.
    Plenty of parking - bus stop 50 metres away.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Erk

Hi all, I know It's a long shot but said I would chance it! Was wondering If anyone knows anywhere that's available in Galway to stay for 4 nights from the 30th to the 3rd or around then. Could be between 5-10 of us thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

Youll be hard pressed to get some now. I would try Gleann Na Ri student accom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SarahDevo

looking for a double room for thursday and friday of raceweekfor two 22 year olds.... anyone now of anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭lovelyoner

Bit OT, but may aswell chance my luck anyway;

Myself and nine other friends are heading down to Galway after we get our leaving cert results next Wednesday (14th) for two or three nights, and we need accommodation. A few of the lads are going to college there in September, and are using this as an opportunity to suss out the area and whatnot.

Had a look at Kinsey(?) hostel but we'd definitely prefer a house. Anybody have any recommendations? Or, at a stretch, anything they're letting? Advice appreciated

• Advertisement
Advertisement