Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caravan in Driveway?

Options
  • 23-01-2013 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

A neighbour of my mothers decided to park a scabby looking caravan in their driveway across the road.

I does nothing but bring a Shameless vibe to the street.

Anyone know if your allowed do this?

Comments

Doubt there's anything you can do, being on private property n all that - otherwise where would you stop....people with ****ty cars etc...should they be made park them elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Completely within the law to do this. Not everyone can buy a brand new 131 caravan. No doubt they've bought it to do it up for the summer vacation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I'd say it'll be joined by a scabby Hiace by the summer.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 soflynn

Either way, its looks like S&1t. If you have a caravan scabby or not, its visual pollution.

Mrs Bouquet there :D

• Advertisement

Cringe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Aykina

I once lived in an apt complex in Dublin where I routinely got letters of complaint from the management company types that my car was too dirty and needed to be cleaned...

Oddly, the more they complained (never to my face of course, always via nasty little letters under the door, with phrases such as "lowering the tone" and "inappropriate") the more compelled I felt to never ever ever wash it (ever) :D

They were priceless, I kind of missed the laughs I got out of them when I sold up and moved. Was sooo tempted to leave the jalopy behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,987 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

soflynn wrote: »
    A neighbour of my mothers decided to park a scabby looking caravan in their driveway across the road.

I does nothing but bring a Shameless vibe to the street.

Anyone know if your allowed do this?

Your allowed park a motorhome/caravan in you driveway for 9 months of the year, not too sure if it's only in Dublin or all Ireland.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72298857

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jenniferalan

I had similar problem with my next door neighbor, it's gone now at least. Is the house owner occupied or rented?

I had similar problem with my next door neighbor, it's gone now at least. Is the house owner occupied or rented?

Rented I think. The owner prob doesn't care as long as someone is in there. I don't feel bad having a issue with it, nobody wants that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement