Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where do you buy your makeup?

• 23-01-2013 10:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭

Where do you buy your makeup? Where is cheap and where is expensive?

I want some YSL products but they are very expensive and I'm trying to find the best price.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

YSL is available on feelunique.com. It's not cheap anywhere though unfortunately! :)

I normally buy make up in Boots, I get student discount there, even on Estee Lauder etc, and also get points. If I buy Mac, I just get it in BTs as there's not many other places that sell it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Regular shops mostly; I'm a divil for going into Boots for a "quick" look around and then coming out with loads of stuff :o Have bought a lot of stuff online too - there's some great Irish-based beauty online stores, and feelunique is good too. Ebay is always awesome for getting nail polish/American brands. And then BTs and Debenhams for the high-end stuff, which isn't too often!

Nearly forgot about asos! Bought a good bit of stuff there too, mostly Illamasqua as it's hard to get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Superdrug, Penneys, Debenhams, my local chemist... I'll buy it anywhere that sells it! These days I rarely treat myself to a high end product, so I am buying a lot of Essence, NYC, Collection, MUA etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Seren_ wrote: »
    Regular shops mostly; I'm a divil for going into Boots for a "quick" look around and then coming out with loads of stuff :o Have bought a lot of stuff online too - there's some great Irish-based beauty online stores, and feelunique is good too. Ebay is always awesome for getting nail polish/American brands. And then BTs and Debenhams for the high-end stuff, which isn't too often!

Nearly forgot about asos! Bought a good bit of stuff there too, mostly Illamasqua as it's hard to get here.

Could you please name a few? I would rather buy from an irish company if possible.

I rarely buy high end products but really want a few and if I can get them a bit cheaper then great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

I buy most of mine in BT's or at the airport.
    I have a few cheapy Gosh bits from chemists and some cheapo nail varnishes from Penneys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

mood wrote: »
    Could you please name a few? I would rather buy from an irish company if possible. .

There's beauty emporium.ie and cloud10, both irish. Both stock products hard to get in Ireland, such a Sleek, NYX and Sigma.

http://beautyemporium.ie

http://www.cloud10beauty.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

gillapino wrote: »
    There's beauty emporium.ie and cloud10, both irish. Both stock products hard to get in Ireland, such a Sleek, NYX and Sigma.

http://beautyemporium.ie

http://www.cloud10beauty.com

Thanks but they don't stock YSL.

Does anyone know if an Irish online store that does sell YSL products?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

As pythia says, Most YSL products don't really seem to be sold cheap anywhere :( I might wait until Debenhams next have a 10% (or even 15%) off all beauty products to buy and I'll check if feelunique have a discount code to see if it works out cheaper there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

The cheapest place I've ever seen for YSL products is on planes. Every plane I've been on recently has had discount YSL in their in flight magazine. You can usually look these up on their websites, handy if you're not taking a flight soon but know someone who is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I bought a Rouge Volupte lipstick in Dublin airport yesterday. About 26 when normally 31.50 I think! Could be cheaper in UK airports, or of course the US in normal shops. Am in Canada at the moment and it seems to be just as expensive here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement