Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time masters funding???

Options
  • 23-01-2013 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi, Considering completing a masters in management through the Smurfit Graduate business school part time. However the costs are high at €6750 p/a, i am currently in full time employment on a average wage. Is there any option available for assistance to meet the course fees other than revenues 20% tax rebate.

Any guidance or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

I'm in the last year of studies and I've been in full time employment for the full four years - unless your company is willing to pay it, unfortunately you are stumped with the full whack.

Also the tax rebate is a bit crappy, I think it's now capped at 5k a year, you need to take off the first 1250 before you can claim tax back and if your employer contributes, that also must be removed.

The only way I was able to survive was to agree with the college to pay in installments.
    Not very motivating for those trying to skill up and stay in the country to keep the economy moving!

Advertisement