Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hazard vs Ball Boy

• 23-01-2013 10:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭

Total disgrace. Guy should be banned for the season

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Nah the young lad made a meal of it. What was Hazard supposed to do. He clearly just tried to poke the ball out from under the lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

No excusing what he did but the ballboy was being a cúnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Video here for anyone who may have missed it:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

I was a ball boy for a LOI team and we were told to do the same if the game was going our way. Happens everywhere.

If hazard did that to me id have got up and decked him.

I was a ball boy for a LOI team and we were told to do the same if the game was going our way. Happens everywhere.

You would have decked a grown man when you were 12?

Watch out folks we got a bad ass over here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

and football twitter accounts are posting that the ball boy posted this 3 hours ago:

237749.png

he deserved to be sent off he shouldn't have resorted to violence but the ball boy did seem to go out to provoke,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Felexicon wrote: »

Ball boy is 17 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Felexicon wrote: »

Watch out folks we got a bad ass over here

But its ok if its the adult hits the child yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The kid deserved what he got. The more I watch the less funny it gets and the more I get angry at the ball boy. Just shows how PC the world has gone when there's outrage over something like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Seems much ado about nothing, its not like he really kicked him, was more of a toe poke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Ball boy did lay down on the ball on purpose but Hazard should not have kicked out. You can clearly see he caught the ball boy as well as the ball.

I reckon he will probably get 4/5 game ban depending on what goes in the referee's report.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Faux media outrage is faux.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I'm no lover of Chelski, but that little scut was definitely looking for trouble:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

**** that little idiot, seriously. Total acting job. Hazard should be a lot smarter and will get a 6 - 8 game ban for his trouble, but excuse me if I fail to find sympathy for that pathetic performance. Many moral high horses are galloping full speed towards this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Is it not obvious that he was kicking the ball and not the ballboy.

Ballboy is the clown in all this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

You'd be ashamed to show your face in school the next day if you were that kid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Apparently Torres tried to kick the ball boy too but he missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

He gave him a little kick cause he was acting the clown.

Big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

What does Eden Hazard do when his computer breaks?

He reboots it

il get my coat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

5starpool wrote: »
    Faux media outrage is faux.

I heard Suarez told him to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

it was harmless really..the young lad is probably dying laughing now and gone out for scoops with team..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I'm no lover of Chelski, but that little scut was definitely looking for trouble:mad:

Yes a complete brat IMO who wanted controversy and got it. He should be ashamed of cheating and Hazard for reacting to the brat and doing himself no favours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

These incidents are always fun

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

1358976767670.gif

Over to you guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Why did they call him a 'ball boy' if he wasn't meant to be kicked like a ball?

The clue is in the name.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Liam O wrote: »
    The kid deserved what he got. The more I watch the less funny it gets and the more I get angry at the ball boy. Just shows how PC the world has gone when there's outrage over something like this.
    2% outrage, 98% comedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Swanea should be punished for the behaviour of their ball boys.

"Kicking Ballboys Out Of Football".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Fuhrer wrote: »
    These incidents are always fun
    Only time I ever come into the Soccer board :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Digitalism wrote: »
    1358976767670.gif

Over to you guys

Football. Manly sport, etc. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    **** that little idiot, seriously. Total acting job. Hazard should be a lot smarter and will get a 6 - 8 game ban for his trouble, but excuse me if I fail to find sympathy for that pathetic performance. Many moral high horses are galloping full speed towards this thread.

I don't think anybody has any sympathy for the ballboy. But is was incredibly stupid behaviour from Hazard. Why would he do that? What did he think would come of it? Just stand back and wait for the ball ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

No fan of Chelsea, but really hope the FA don't over react to this. 6-8 games? That would be ridiculously cruel to Hazard! Yes, it looked like his foot made contact with the boy, but his sole intention was to poke the ball from under him.

I'd like to see the red card rescinded, kinda doubt it though

But its ok if its the adult hits the child yeah?
    But the contact with the ball boy was clearly accidental. Poor judgement on Hazards part but he shouldn't be vilified for what was a flick of the boot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Didn't see much wrong with the tackle myself.

Looked like a fair 50/50, to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

530732_215561685235820_1190368923_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

As much as it pains me to say it I feel bad for Hazard and Chelsea. The ball boy was clearly timewasting and was lying on top of the ball. Hazard tried to toe poke the ball which is fair enough. I'd love to see the FA cop on and rescind the red. Also, if Swansea did tell the ball boy to timewaste I'd love them to get fined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Well if players stopped rolling around like a sniper took them out maybe kids wouldn't see the need to copy them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I didn't realise that being a ball boy was such a Hazard.

Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It's a disgrace Joe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Digitalism wrote: »
    1358976767670.gif

Over to you guys

Imagine Raheem Sterling crying like that if he got tackled earlier in the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    As much as it pains me to say it I feel bad for Hazard and Chelsea. The ball boy was clearly timewasting and was lying on top of the ball. Hazard tried to toe poke the ball which is fair enough. I'd love to see the FA cop on and rescind the red. Also, if Swansea did tell the ball boy to timewaste I'd love them to get fined.

But it happens in every game,look at stoke with their towel carry on,players time waste all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I don't think anybody has any sympathy for the ballboy. But is was incredibly stupid behaviour from Hazard. Why would he do that? What did he think would come of it? Just stand back and wait for the ball ffs.

What? Think rationally when you're 10 minutes away from missing out on a cup final? He's not a robot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Vuzuggu wrote: »

He spent his fair share of the game feigning injury and trying to get players booked so it was hilarious seeing this happening to him.

Im thinking of the incident in the first half where he went down grabbing his leg and screaming until the ball broke back into the swansea half and he jumped to his feet and ran after it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ban the pair of them tbh. Both of them come out of this badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Ballboy was taking the p!ss , Hazard should not have reacted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

He is going to get hit hard for this, ball boy was a twat but FA are going to have to make a statement, media will have a field day too.

Maybe the ball boy called him a cheeky monkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Is the ball boy actually 17? If so he should have got kicked 5 times harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

He should have been aware of the hazards of being a ball boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

No excuse from Hazard, he should know better.

If the ball boy was time wasting then appeal to the ref and don't take matters into your own hands.

The FA will need to come down hard on this, as the witch hunt for Hazard's head will be massive.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement