Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hazard vs Ball Boy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Gbear wrote: »
    What? Think rationally when you're 10 minutes away from missing out on a cup final? He's not a robot.

What has that got to do with anything? When is that ever taken into account when a footballer engages in stupid behaviour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Hazard has started a new campaign

"Kick Children Out of Football"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

You cant do what Hazard did. He's in for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

What has that got to do with anything? When is that ever taken into account when a footballer engages in stupid behaviour?

I just think that quite a few players would've had the same reaction.
    You're under pressure and this gob****e starts getting ideas above his station. If he had bate the ****e out of him you might have a point but it was a nudge if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

edgecutter wrote: »
    Hazard has started a new campaign

"Kick Children Out of Football"

Oh yes, please post this joke again, it wasnt funny the first 20 times but im sure the next 20 times are going to be gold!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Alex Ferguson has made a late bid for the ballboy in the January transfer market after being impressed by the grimace, roll around and gesture for a card from the potential Old Trafford star.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I wonder would he have been sent off if the ballboy had not pretended to be injured.

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Oh yes, please post this joke again, it wasnt funny the first 20 times but im sure the next 20 times are going to be gold!

Alright lad, relax, I'm only having a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Should not get a ban for this, the little sh1t with the dodgy haircut was humping the ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Ballboy was an idiot but hazard will get at least 11 games for this (and I wouldnt be surprised if he got the rest of the season).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭LowOdour

When I saw the story break on twitter, i was expecting to see Hazard give ballboy a roundhouse kick into the smush....was slightly disapointed by it all. Hazard is an idiot, ballbag deserved a harder kick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

drkpower wrote: »
    Ballboy was an idiot but hazard will get at least 11 games for this (and I wouldnt be surprised if he got the rest of the season).

Bit of an arbitrary figure; 11, to be so sure about

I cant believe some people here have no issue with kicking a minor!!!
    (He should have kicked him harder etc...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Players time waste and fake injury all the time,
    Why would this kid do any different?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Can't believe people searched out his twitter to find what he said earlier today. He shouldn't hvae done it but he's still a child. Hazard should have been more professional.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Opened a Ultimate Team gold pack there, delighted!

BBU9cP8CQAAymib.jpg

I can't believe that many of you are siding with Hazard on this. He just kicked a ball boy!

Regardless of the ball boy time wasting or not, you can't justify what he has done. The lad is only young and his team are ten minutes away from the biggest game of their lives, what do you expect?

Players time waste and fake injury all the time,
    Why would this kid do any different?
    Because he has no jersey on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Really hope there is allot of trolls on this thread, cant believe there is so much negativity towards the ball boy. So what if he tried to delay the match because his side was winning, its up to the refs to direct him to put the ball back in the play, or add on time, not for players to take action in their own hands.

But to be honest, it looks like he fell over trying to grab the ball, Hazard tried to wrestle the ball off him then poked him in the ribs with his boot, it was inexcusable. Swansea and the kids family would be well within their rights to file an assult charge, and at the very least, Hazard would be deserving of an extended ban on top on the ban for the red card.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

hello-internet-police-1784_preview.jpg

:D

• Advertisement

Gbear wrote: »
    I just think that quite a few players would've had the same reaction.
    You're under pressure and this gob****e starts getting ideas above his station. If he had bate the ****e out of him you might have a point but it was a nudge if anything.

He catches the kid as he kicks the ball from under him. The kid seems to fake injury but the FA can't really call him on whether he was hurt or not. He appeared to be hurt, a ****ing professional footballer decided it was a good idea to engage with this kid and it looks bad.

It was such a needless situation for Hazard to put himself in. He shouldn't be engaging with or putting his hands or feet near the ballboy at all, let alone trying to kick a ball from under him. Unbelievable that he got himself caught up in this.

Bit of an arbitrary figure; 11, to be so sure about

11 was what di canio got for a fairly lame push on a ref; its the only precedent for striking an 'official' as far as I can remember. Not sure if striking a minor ballboy is worse (or better) than striking a referee.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Will definitely get a ban, and rightfully so, but i'd probably have kicked him as well. Ball boy knew exactly what he was doing, and was taking the piss. Not saying it's right, but it's understandable.

You'd swear the evil footballer kicked the poor innocent child full force in the face the way some people are going on though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Can't believe people searched out his twitter to find what he said earlier today. He shouldn't hvae done it but he's still a child. Hazard should have been more professional.

17 is not a child ,

Sky sports news reading out a tweet there saying how bad it was doing it to a 12-14 year old ball boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

The FA will hammer hazard for it for sure and he deserves it all, i mean what was he thinking! He should have just walked away no need to get involved,
    As for the ballboy hes a kid, shouldn have lay on the ball but as a child it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Digitalism wrote: »
    1358976767670.gif

Over to you guys

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZHmB90VPWmHu7eug2gsiwAsGsf2jzJHmc2f6u4FPnHqyvmrhw

Looks like it was Joey Barton up to his old tricks!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    **** that little idiot, seriously. Total acting job. Hazard should be a lot smarter and will get a 6 - 8 game ban for his trouble, but excuse me if I fail to find sympathy for that pathetic performance. Many moral high horses are galloping full speed towards this thread.

Bit harsh Lloyd... "**** the little Idiot".

I now know why the "my daddy is a big shot in KPMG" video was banned from youtube, and not even allowed be discussed on boards. Cause hard men over the keyboard are going to abuse her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

They are all coming out now...

BREAKING: Swansea FC ball-boy confirms he will be calling 'Injury Lawyers 4 You' after being injured by a Hazard at work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

17 is not a child ,

Sky sports news reading out a tweet there saying how bad it was doing it to a 12-14 year old ball boy.

The kid was not 17 not a chance

11 was what di canio got for a fairly lame push on a ref; its the only precedent for striking an 'official' as far as I can remember. Not sure if striking a minor ballboy is worse (or better) than striking a referee.

It's as soft as Di Canio's but not quite as blatant. Hazard's ban will be for engaging with the kid. he will say, rightly, that he wasn't trying to hurt him and the evidence backs him up. He will get 3 or 4 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Nevermind Hazard, who in the blue fook was left in charge of the Chelsea twitter machine tonight?

Suppose there's no such thing as bad publicity though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

BBC Sport ‏@BBCSport

Chelsea manager Rafael Benitez: "Eden Hazard has been in to see the Swansea #ballboy and the two have apologised to each other." #CFC #Swans

17 is not a child ,

17 is a minor

Do people not realise he kicked the ball and he went to kick the ball, he wasn't trying to kick the ballboy. Are people just taking the piss comparing it to cantona and hazard getting a season ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

4500 followers already. @SwanseaBallBoy

inmyday wrote: »
    Bit harsh Lloyd... "**** the little Idiot".

I now know why the "my daddy is a big shot in KPMG" video was banned from youtube, and not even allowed be discussed on boards. Cause hard men over the keyboard are going to abuse her!

Yeah, I was thinking that when I read his post. Had he called Hazard a "little idiot" he'd have got a card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

bazual wrote: »
    4500 followers already. @SwanseaBallBoy

His personal account got 25000 followers in the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

He smothered the ball under his body. What possible outcome did Hazard expect?

Looks like it was Joey Barton up to his old tricks!!![/Quote]
    Kids been watching too much football on telly. Love the way he looks around to see if hes got a free kick and gestures for a card.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

17 is not a child ,

Since when is 17 not a child?

Kiith wrote: »
    but i'd probably have kicked him as well. Ball boy knew exactly what he was doing.

And when players waste time on purpose. Would you go kicking them. There would be players being kicked in every match... Id love if Hazard would kick Williams for time wasting!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Quazzie wrote: »
    His personal account got 25000 followers in the last hour.

its gaining about 1,000 followers a minute at the moment, he will be over 50k in a few mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

iDave wrote: »
    He smothered the ball under his body. What possible outcome did Hazard expect?

He thought feigning injury was only something the players did. ;)

It's as soft as Di Canio's but not quite as blatant. Hazard's ban will be for engaging with the kid. he will say, rightly, that he wasn't trying to hurt him and the evidence backs him up. He will get 3 or 4 games.

Kicking a ballboy is kicking a ballboy. The FA will need to be seen to be making a stand to protect officials. That he was a minor and a volunteer could conceivably result in a harsher sentence.

The ball was under the ballboy when he kicked him so the suggestion that he was trying to kick the ball is irrelevent. To get to the ball, he knew he would have to kick the kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

its gaining about 1,000 followers a minute at the moment, he will be over 50k in a few mins.

6k followers in two minutes, almost at 52k since i posted and was at just over 45k then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    As much as it pains me to say it I feel bad for Hazard and Chelsea. The ball boy was clearly timewasting and was lying on top of the ball. Hazard tried to toe poke the ball which is fair enough. I'd love to see the FA cop on and rescind the red. Also, if Swansea did tell the ball boy to timewaste I'd love them to get fined.

It's called home advantage, have you been a ball boy in an important game for your team?

Yeah, I was thinking that when I read his post. Had he called Hazard a "little idiot" he'd have got a card.

And If I call Suarez an idiot. Id be banned for life from the soccer forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Liam O wrote: »
    The kid deserved what he got. The more I watch the less funny it gets and the more I get angry at the ball boy. Just shows how PC the world has gone when there's outrage over something like this.

Please Mr Ball Boy can I have our ball back please, whenever you are ready - that would be the correct way to handle this according to the PC brigade at the BBC/Sky - Football at the top level is not football anymore , certainly not the game I grew up to love - The media will run with this story for days , or weeks if ther is nothing more newsworthy , such as real life /hardship and political unrest

Kicking a ballboy is kicking a ballboy. The FA will need to be seen to be making a stand to protect officials. That he was a minor and a volunteer could conceivably result in a harsher sentence.

The ball was under the ballboy when he kicked him so the suggestion that he was trying to kick the ball is irrelevent. To get to the ball, he knew he would have to kick the kid.

When did the FA ever give a **** about their officials, they are abused by players and managers every week and he kicked the ball from under him he didn't go through him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

inmyday wrote: »
    And when players waste time on purpose. Would you go kicking them. There would be players being kicked in every match... Id love if Hazard would kick Williams for time wasting!!!

Probably, yeah. I'd have no problem giving them a light dig to get the ball back if they are rolling around on the ground, holding up play like an idiot.

But i'm not a professional footballer, so i guess we'll never know.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement