Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hazard vs Ball Boy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Outside of what the FA might do the ball boy might raise an assault claim, Hazard could be in some real bother here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Sky sports news just said South Wales police are investigating the incident

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

It's called home advantage, have you been a ball boy in an important game for your team?

Yeah it's a common enough tactic.

Same as the fans not giving the ball back when it goes into the stand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Do people really think that the ball boys wrong doing excuses Hazards actions? If it was either Suarez or Barton it would be the usual calls for harsh penalties against them. Is Hazard beyond justice? He will get a lengthy ban and rightly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ah FFS !!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

niallo27 wrote: »
    When did the FA ever give a **** about their officials, they are abused by players and managers every week and he kicked the ball from under him he didn't go through him.

I dont think striking an official has ever been overlooked; do you have any examples?

As for 'kicking the ball from under rather than through him', Im certainly not seeing that from the clip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Technique

Conclusive evidence

MbdRoOz.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Since when is 17 not a child?

If your look upon and treat someone the age of 17 as a child best of luck to you

17 is not a child in my book , You can work 40 hours a week at that age !

The only thing your not really able to do at the age is buy Alcohol and smokes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Kiith wrote: »
    Probably, yeah. I'd have no problem giving them a light dig to get the ball back if they are rolling around on the ground, holding up play like an idiot.

But i'm not a professional footballer, so i guess we'll never know.

Ok, just dig away!
    Hit everyone who annoys you. And not just in football, just swing away at everyone!
    You annoy me, a light dig for you!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Soups123 wrote: »
    Outside of what the FA might do the ball boy might raise an assault claim, Hazard could be in some real bother here.

do you really think that would ever see the inside of a court room ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Assault charges are way over the top, it was little more than a toe poke.

I feel sorry for Hazard in all this, he shouldn't of done what he did but FFS some people are just waiting for a villain to stick the knife into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I'd say Chelsea did some whip 'round for signed gear after the game for the lad in the hope this don't get too far out of hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

6k followers in two minutes, almost at 52k since i posted and was at just over 45k then!

His email inbox must have exploded.

If your look upon and treat someone the age of 17 as a child best of luck to you

17 is not a child in my book , You can work 40 hours a week at that age !

The only thing your not really able to do at the age is buy Alcohol and smokes
    There's 10 yr olds in China working more than 40 hours a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

It gets better. South Wales Police are now investigating following complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

And if they were ball boys, id bet they'd give the ball straight back.

Kids these days, no respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Hazard should have asked Tony Buckley to help out.

5567e13a5b58fd418ca7380d0653f929.gif

do you really think that would ever see the inside of a court room ?
    I don't see why not, he struck a minor whether he was frustrated or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

a police enquiry is patethic and makes me sick to be honest, someone trying to make a name for themselves, both parties hava admitted wrongdoing and will be punished.

It would be great to just draw a line under it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Police are investigating?

Idontwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

drkpower wrote: »
    I dont think striking an official has ever been overlooked; do you have any examples?

As for 'kicking the ball from under rather than through him', Im certainly not seeing that from the clip.

Your making it sound like he just walked up and kicked the ballboy for no reason, he kicked the ball from underneath him. Do people not see a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Southwalespolice.gif

Bad boys, bad boys whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do? When they come for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

naughtb4 wrote: »
    a police enquiry is patethic and makes me sick to be honest, someone trying to make a name for themselves, both parties hava admitted wrongdoing and will be punished.

It won't happen. The kid's parents will sue Hazard and then there will be some out of court settlement.

And whats China got to with a 17yr old in in the UK or Ireland ???

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian
    Chelsea say the ballboy has told police he does not want to pursue it. Benitez - 'we will deal with it internally'

• Advertisement

And whats China got to with a 17yr old in in the UK or Ireland ???
    As much as saying he can work 40 hours a week has to do with the arguement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Esse85 wrote: »
    I feel sorry for Hazard in all this

eh? how on earth do you feel sorry for him, he kicked a ballboy and rightly got sent off. do you feel sorry for every player who does something stupid?

im sure his multi million a year contract and his huge signing on fee will help him get over it pretty quickly.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

@SkySportsNews: South Wales Police are investigating an incident involving Hazard and ball boy following complaints"

niallo27 wrote: »
    Your making it sound like he just walked up and kicked the ballboy for no reason, he kicked the ball from underneath him. Do people not see a difference.

Not really; when it comes to striking an official (especially a minor one) the reason is really irrelevant.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

From the clip I saw there's nothing in it. The Ball Boy went out of his way to stop Hazard getting the ball and then feigned injury when Hazard kicked the ball out from under him.

Swansea FC should be fined for the actions of the Ball Boy as he's meant to help players with the ball not stop them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

hazard needs to work on his "toeing the ball out from under stuff" action, if he tried that technique under a car on the road he'd do himself some damage with the follow through. . . instead he just kinda kicked a kid!

although in fairness, he did try to take it with his hands first but yer man wasn't giving it up

As much as saying he can work 40 hours a week has to do with the arguement

In the UK where the incident happend yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

That little bollix is gonna get a couple of grand for acting like he was shot.

I hate the world !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy
    Swansea confirm that police have interviewed ball-boy & his father & no charges will be pressed

Good.

Swansea confirm that police have interviewed ball-boy & his father & no charges will be pressed

Well the moral high horse brigade in here wont be happy

In the UK where the incident happend yes
    Ok that clarifies it good point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The ball boy just trolled a professional football player

One day all this play acting in the pitch was going to come back to haunt some player, Hazard is the lucky man in question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The whole incident is hilarious. The ball boy getting up just cracks me up.

Hope hazard gets a ban just cos i don't like Chelsea and I'm a c*nt like that!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Would be amazed if someone from Chelsea wasn't standing with a cheque book open when the kid got to the back.

Whether Hazard deserves a significant ban, and whether he deserved to be at the end of a criminal charge are quite different things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

That little bollix is gonna get a couple of grand for acting like he was shot.

I hate the world !

I think this is what is annoying me as well, **** it I'm getting old, I hate sneaky ****ers like these.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Technique wrote: »
    Conclusive evidence

MbdRoOz.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

eh? how on earth do you feel sorry for him, he kicked a ballboy and rightly got sent off. do you feel sorry for every player who does something stupid?

im sure his multi million a year contract and his huge signing on fee will help him get over it pretty quickly.
    He hardly lashed out, he kicked the ball under a ball boy, nobody was hurt despite the acting from the ball boy, as a result Hazard has been sent off, will probably face a lengthy ban and his reputation has been tarnished.

I'm sure his wages will help him get over it but for a top class player like him to be missing games, he'll be devastated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

naughtb4 wrote: »

Its standard, once someone raises a complaint about a possible crime the police have to investigate.

So journo one rings up and complains that he thinks he saw an assault. Journo 2 rings up and asks if they are investigating knowing the answer, then gets to announce that 'police have said they are investigating'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

CatFromHue wrote: »
    From the clip I saw there's nothing in it. The Ball Boy went out of his way to stop Hazard getting the ball and then feigned injury when Hazard kicked the ball out from under him.

Swansea FC should be fined for the actions of the Ball Boy as he's meant to help players with the ball not stop them!

Can't agree with you. If the ball boy had got the ball and ran away with it then yes a fine is deserved. The ball boy had the ball for about 5 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Technique

Apparently his dad is a Swansea FC director.

Some of his Twitter photos:

Atp9dAWCAAACs-5.jpg:largeA6ZKGSoCcAAcbeE.jpg:largeAlj-FSYCEAETH6O.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

That's the first time I saw it on this thread, young fella being a litle **** but you tell the damn ref to get the ball back, you don't go kicking the young fella !

Have to say it's very funny though !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I hope that the boy and his father haven't been intimidated into not giving a police statement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Whislt I'm not looking for Hazard to get arrested and charged, the kid or his family would have been within their rights to persue it. It was inexcusable from Hazard regardless of the kids intention, he should have just let the ref deal with it.

Cant beleive there is so much support for Hazard here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

edgecutter wrote: »
    Can't agree with you. If the ball boy had got the ball and ran away with it then yes a fine is deserved. The ball boy had the ball for about 5 seconds.

The ball boy stopped your man getting the ball and then lay on the ball stopping him from getting on with the game. I don't think that's what the ball boys are there for!

ballboy.png

He's said on Twitter that he was going to time waste and now he has!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement