Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hazard vs Ball Boy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

irish-stew wrote: »
    Whislt I'm not looking for Hazard to get arrested and charged, the kid or his family would have been within their rights to persue it. It was inexcusable from Hazard regardless of the kids intention, he should have just let the ref deal with it.

Cant beleive there is so much support for Hazard here.
    Hear, hear. It was a cowardly and vile attack.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Hazzard has done an interview to Chelsea TV and apologised , best get his FA hearing out of the way now and be done with this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I hope that the boy and his father haven't been intimidated into not giving a police statement.

From who the Chelsea mafia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I hope that the boy and his father haven't been intimidated into not giving a police statement.

lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I know now your taking the mick ,

You live a sheltered life if that sums up as a cowardly and vile attack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

The pussification and victim mentality of people in modern society is disturbing and worse it's getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Oh FFS would you stop just stop.

You swear to **** he broke his 2legs and neck.

Bunch of softies.

Transfer Central TNC ‏@TransferNewsCen
    Hazard - "The boy [Ball boy] tried to keep the ball. I kicked the ball and not the boy. I apologised. The boy apologised as well. Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Quite the opposite in all likelihood. This lad could be quite a bit richer over the coming weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

niallo27 wrote: »
    From who the Chelsea mafia.
    m.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Oh FFS would you stop just stop.

You swear to **** he broke his 2legs and neck.

Bunch of softies.
    He could've been killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

#pray for Charlie Morgan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

BBVHe2eCAAAxWyn.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

BBU94uyCYAEvcd3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Feel a bit sorry for what will probably happen to Hazard here. He was stupid and he shouldn't have done it but I can understand his frustration.

It looked like a moment of frustration that boiled over, but he's only human and who hasn't let their anger get the better of them on occasion? I can imagine being seriously wound up in that situation.

I'm not justifying the reaction, but this was not like the Cantona karate kick. It looked like it would barely have hurt. There could be a decent argument from Hazard that all he was trying to do was kick the ball out from under his body - a complete accident.

The boy has done the right thing in not pressing charges because this could backfire horribly on him also. Already we have people sharing his twitter photos around etc... No doubt there will be some vile hate messages from disgruntled Chelsea fans (not singling out Chelsea fans here, but every fanbase has its morons.)

The boy too probably regrets his behaviour and he may have been goaded on by friends or even members of the crowd.

Someone said it before me but a line should be drawn under this and the incident should not be sensationalised. But I wouldn't bank on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Esse85 wrote: »
    The pussification and victim mentality of people in modern society is disturbing and worse it's getting.

Exactly. I'd say this type of incident happened on numerous occasions in the 70s & 80s and nobody gave a fcuk. The response would have been "Good enough for the 'kid', acting like a clown".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

BBU--GXCYAAWYoH.jpg:large

Hope he recovers.....

Torres would have missed him, Cole would have shot him, Terry would have shagged him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,491 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

May he rest in peace,

What I found funniest was the look of absolute disgust on the
    Ref's face as he dismissed Hazard . It was like he had just mugged a pensioner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

ballboy acted the **** and probably deserves a slap but Hazard can have no complaints if he gets a long ban.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Not the first time Hazard has done similar!

1cff653ba2d16ff3e265b36b4d410c87.png

Kudos to Scar Tissue for this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Alj-FSYCEAETH6O.jpg:large
    There's something awful kickable about him in all fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

237772.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,317 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

iYSwHAr41O3kb.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

As a Pool supporter may I also take this opportunity to suggest Chelsea be deducted 15 points for Hazards actions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

From that I don't think Hazard made any contact with the ball-boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

How long a ban do we predict here?

Standard 3 game minimum or higher? I'll guess at 6 games but who knows?

iYSwHAr41O3kb.gif

BALL was on far side as hazard has his hands actually on it, Lets go, and clearing kicks guy in ribs on near side, at which point boy grabs for ribs, and lets go ball, all in a split second reaction,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

He was a being a prat, but nothing will prepare him for the horrible social media bullying he'll receive as a result of this. He's made himself fodder for all the trolls and psychos out there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

He is only a kid,who made a stupid mistake,hazard is a grown man who made a worst one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Alj-FSYCEAETH6O.jpg:large
    There's something awful kickable about him in all fairness

Ah now, defend Hazard all you want, but to actually encourage an assault on the kid!

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

As a Pool supporter may I also take this opportunity to suggest Chelsea be deducted 15 points for Hazards actions.
    ye might get sixth place then:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Also posting pictures of him (a kid) assumed taken from one of his personal accounts is ****ing weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

How any of you are siding with Hazard is baffling.

Hazard didn't give the lad a second to pick the ball up. He quite clearly kicked him in the side.

Hope he gets the rest of the season off.

Like getting punched in the side of the head,
    She laughed it off though,

Ball boy is in intensive care,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaHFO4XfQbUp7g7-CT2O9K-LQZroB2_ywsl5cwNcVpmWjMkchc

BBU1SQsCIAEngXG.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

How any of you are siding with Hazard is baffling.

Agreed - schoolboy error by Hazard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

408357_438888972846939_206007125_n.jpg

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3051397/title/hazard-apologises

HAZARD APOLOGISES

Posted on: Wed 23 Jan 2013
    Eden Hazard spoke to Chelsea TV after his red card in Wednesday night's Capital One Cup semi-final second leg in Swansea.

The player was sent off late in the game after an incident involving one of the ball boys who later was invited by Chelsea into the changing room to speak to Hazard.

Hazard told Chelsea TV: 'The boy put his whole body onto the ball and I was just trying to kick the ball and I think I kicked the ball and not the boy. I apologise.

'The ball boy came in the changing room and we had a quick chat and I apologised and the boy apologised as well, and it is over. Sorry.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

irish-stew wrote: »
    Ah now, defend Hazard all you want, but to actually encourage an assault on the kid!

:eek:

Oh sweet jesus it was a joke. I hope you recover from your horror as quickly as he will from the brutal assault and life threatening injury he sustained

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Garzorico

What official saw what happened? The ref was not looking and the linesman at that end of the pitch didn't see either.....the ref must be taking Swansea players word for what happened. I didn't see him consulting with anyone....anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Alex Ferguson has called for the removal of balls from the field of play after the latest attempted murder of a ballboy by Eden Hazard. This comes just weeks after Robin Van Persie was nearly killed. A football was to blame on both occasions, said Ferguson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Yohan Cabaye got away with just having to say sorry at the end of last season after an incident with a ball boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

From that I don't think Hazard made any contact with the ball-boy.

Did you even look at that?:confused::confused:

I thought that he made little to no contact with the ball bay but looking at that gif it looks like he intentionally kicked the ball boy. Don't think it was intentional though tbh but how can you think from the gif that he made no contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Alex Ferguson has called for the removal of balls from the field of play after the latest attempted murder of a ballboy by Eden Hazard. This comes just weeks after Robin Van Persie was nearly killed. A football was to blame on both occasions, said Ferguson.

It's just footballs in Wales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

both involved were ****ing eejits, but you can't engage a ballboy or fan like that without serious consequences. Hazard to get several months out I reckon and Olly murs lookalike to get a few grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That's just sad.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

Thats so poor i laughed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Hazard was just getting revenge for this

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement