Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hazard vs Ball Boy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

zerks wrote: »
    BBU1SQsCIAEngXG.jpg

Just so you know, none of these are funny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

The kid took the piss. You could understand Hazard got frustrated but you just can't kick the ****er. You just can't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Did you even look at that?:confused::confused:

I thought that he made little to no contact with the ball bay but looking at that gif it looks like he intentionally kicked the ball boy. Don't think it was intentional though tbh but how can you think from the gif that he made no contact.

In my opinion, any possible contact would have been minimal. I'm a Liverpool fan, can't stand Chelsea, but I think this whole episode is being blown out of all proportion.

Now, if he had kicked him directly into the ribs I'd have no problem slating Hazard. As it is, the fact that the ball-boy and his father aren't going to follow it up says it all. A minor event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

Alex Ferguson has made a late bid for the ballboy in the January transfer market after being impressed by the grimace, roll around and gesture for a card from the potential Old Trafford star.
    Alex Ferguson has called for the removal of balls from the field of play after the latest attempted murder of a ballboy by Eden Hazard. This comes just weeks after Robin Van Persie was nearly killed. A football was to blame on both occasions, said Ferguson.

A Chelsea player kicks a kid and you take that as an opportunity to have a dig at Utd. Why? :confused:

I'd understand if it was remotely funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

In my opinion, any possible contact would have been minimal. I'm a Liverpool fan, can't stand Chelsea, but I think this whole episode is being blown out of all proportion.

Now, if he had kicked him directly into the ribs I'd have no problem slating Hazard. As it is, the fact that the ball-boy and his father aren't going to follow it up says it all. A minor event.

I think it was nothing thing as well, Hazard was thick as fuck but that's about it. I just can't believe you don't think there was any contact from that gif. It looks like he intentionally kicked him in the ribs. Slow motion can be misleading though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

SoulTrader wrote: »

A Chelsea player kicks a kid and you take that as an opportunity to have a dig at Utd. Why? :confused:
    Not that sharp are ye pal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Oh sweet jesus it was a joke. I hope you recover from your horror as quickly as he will from the brutal assault and life threatening injury he sustained

Trust me, I'm not horrified, but to make comments, and to post pictures, weather jokey or not, on what is still a member of the public, and a kid at that, just doesn't sit right.

Hazard is in the public eye everyday of the week, and has an image of both him self, and his employers, to uphold, and deserves to be criticised for his actions.

Not that sharp are ye pal?

What does it have to do with Utd?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

SoulTrader wrote: »

What does it have to do with Utd?
    Its possible there is no direct connection.

Its possible there is no direct connection.

Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just so you know, none of these are funny.

whatever.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

scudzilla wrote: »
    Total disgrace. Guy should be banned for the season

What, just for not giving the ball back fast enough and pretending to be injured? Harsh!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Already on Fantasy Football site as suspended 'til 9 Feb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

zerks wrote: »
    Already on Fantasy Football site as suspended 'til 9 Feb.

Sell sell sell :pac: i guess they are assuming its the usual 3 game ban for a straight red for dangerous play. Will be interesting to see what the fa do about it anyways

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

klose wrote: »
    Sell sell sell :pac: i guess they are assuming its the usual 3 game ban for a straight red for dangerous play. Will be interesting to see what the fa do about it anyways

3 game ban that is all, only previous I can think of is when Jamie Carragher got sent off for throwing a coin into the crowd and all he got was a 3 game ban with no further action from the FA

What was Ashley Williams taking the moral high ground for after his attempted murder of Robin Van Persie a few weeks ago :p

Ball boy basically was acting the little b**llix but you dont kick a young kid on the ground in all fairness HAZARD!!! COME ON NOW!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

What was Ashley Williams taking the moral high ground for after his attempted murder of Robin Van Persie a few weeks ago :p

Ball boy basically was acting the little b**llix but you dont kick a young kid on the ground in all fairness HAZARD!!! COME ON NOW!! :mad:

ah yeah but rooney was playing in euro 2004 getting kicked by croatians at his age hell be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Yeh ball by was being a fool but Hazard being a grown man should have stood back and made the ball boy look like the fool he was, but getting into a tussle with him was plain stupid and swinging a kick going for the ball or not was just plain brain dead and was a deserved red card.

Also think the pictures of the kids house etc should be removed from the thread by the mods at 17 yes you are still pretty much a kid think back to how mature you were at 17 and having pictures of his house etc on threads is wrong imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

He deserves his normal suspension and a fine but not a big suspension like will no doubt be pushed for. Kid was being a twat, but Hazard shouldnt have reacted like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Hear, hear. It was a cowardly and vile attack.

This reminds me of my brother's friend coming off the bench for his first senior game for our local GAA football team.

He was a 16 years old coming on as corner forward. The lad who was marking him was in his 30's about a foot taller than him and had a beer belly.

The first thing your man did as my bro's buddy ran up next to him, was give him a dig in the stomach. My bro's buddy dropped to floor, winded and in a bit of shock I'd say. It's was so ridiculous it was fcuking hilariously funny

No police were called, he wasn't hospitalized, he didn't need to go to counciling, all that happened was his manager shouting at him to get the fcuk up. He got up and scored 2pts in 10 minutes.

People need to live in the real world not get caught up in this over hyped media bullsh1t. Because there is so much more media now then ever before they have to fill the airwaves with something. So they over hype minor incidents to grab your attention and in turn the world becomes more sensitive and people start flying off the handle over these minor incidents and whole host of other PC BS.

The kid knew exactly what he was doing. I could see that Hazard wanted the ball so he jumped on it to impede him more. Hazard understandably lost his cool and kicked him. He should get a 3/4 game ban at most. What's even sadder is the society we live in is where the kid exaggerates his "injury" to play the victim and get Hazard into even more trouble.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

seen gif of hazard kicking kid......got angry(any excuse to hate on chelsea)

seen kids twitter post regarding time wasting and pics of silver spoon lifestyle and obvious nepotism.

love hazard and warming towards chelsea now.

didnt kick him hard enough etc

world is too pc.respect your elders

kid shouldnt be let do a game again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

very unlike Hazard who comes across as a good lad never dives or moans etc
    he let his frustation get the better of him & made a mistake
    its being blown way out of poportion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

only 5 years of difference between them. Ronaldo was getting worse and more "cowardly" kicks off players when he was about that age and there wasn't this indignation. It's not like there was no reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Just home now after being out to watch game......

Regarding this incident, Hazard was foolish, kid was a kid, no doubt in that it was a deserved red.

3 game ban, move on. Was a stupid stupid thing to do - Ask yourselves; if it happened next sunday on your pitch, what would your reaction be? Thought Williams was gonna deck him tbh.

This could be diffused b y Hazard making the right media moves here - bring in the kid, apologisem give him a jersey - have a pic taken with all smiles everywhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

When I heard Eden Hazard was getting a ban I thought it was finally safe to come back on Boards.

Imagine my shock and disgust when I found out it wasn't quite what I thought!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Hazys wrote: »
    This reminds me of my brother's friend coming off the bench for his first senior game for our local GAA football team.

He was a 16 years old coming on as corner forward. The lad who was marking him was in his 30's about a foot taller than him and had a beer belly.

The first thing your man did as my bro's buddy ran up next to him, was give him a dig in the stomach. My bro's buddy dropped to floor, winded and in a bit of shock I'd say. It's was so ridiculous it was fcuking hilariously funny

No police were called, he wasn't hospitalized, he didn't need to go to counciling, all that happened was his manager shouting at him to get the fcuk up. He got up and scored 2pts in 10 minutes.

People need to live in the real world not get caught up in this over hyped media bullsh1t. Because there is so much more media now then ever before they have to fill the airwaves with something. So they over hype minor incidents to grab your attention and in turn the world becomes more sensitive and people start flying off the handle over these minor incidents and whole host of other PC BS.

The kid knew exactly what he was doing. I could see that Hazard wanted the ball so he jumped on it to impede him more. Hazard understandably lost his cool and kicked him. He should get a 3/4 game ban at most. What's even sadder is the society we live in is where the kid exaggerates his "injury" to play the victim and get Hazard into even more trouble.

Really annoys me when GAA fella's come in and try and state stuff like this as being alright. Fella that hit your brother's friend is a scumbag end of story. No PC BS, scumbag. GAA should be doing more to clean up shit like that in the sport, it's seen every game. FFS when you're u12's and coming on you're told to give your marker a shoulder so he knows you're there, it ridiculous. I love GAA but it's a thugs sport sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

That happens in the Gah though cause its played by animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

AgileMyth wrote: »

Yup, I play Gah and I'm an animal. Not like you weedy soccer supporters!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Bearing in mind too, that Eden Hazard is not some sort of a child-hating, child-killing monster. Despite his young age, he is a father himself. He has a 2 year old son.

Frustration got the better of him, ball-boy was acting the complete prick, Hazard should have known better, ball-boy should be nominated for an Academy Award.

A nothing incident that will hopefully be defused soon.

The newspapers and the tabloids will already be sharpening their knives, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

AgileMyth wrote: »

I wouldn't believe it, have heard too many slight variations of it by now to take it as truth. Also, what a ridiculous generalisation.

Hazard stupid for what he did, take the ban and move on. Will be a nothing story soon enough I'd say.

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Really annoys me when GAA fella's come in and try and state stuff like this as being alright. Fella that hit your brother's friend is a scumbag end of story. No PC BS, scumbag. GAA should be doing more to clean up shit like that in the sport, it's seen every game. FFS when you're u12's and coming on you're told to give your marker a shoulder so he knows you're there, it ridiculous. I love GAA but it's a thugs sport sometimes.

My point wasn't to with if your man who digged him was right or whatever, it was more to do with that its such a minor incident that didn't traumatise my bro's buddy, it was nothing really.

I do agree that that kinda stuff in the GAA is ridiculous. There is as much reason for shoulder to shoulder contact in soccer as GAA but in GAA if a sub comes on he has to run up to the lad he is marking and starting shouldering him for no apparent reason...its retarded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,583 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Seriously, what is wrong with you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

srfc19 wrote: »
    Yup, I play Gah and I'm an animal. Not like you weedy soccer supporters!! :)
    I heard they don't even have ballboys in the Gah anymore cause they kept getting murdered.

CSF wrote: »
    Seriously, what is wrong with you?

Whats wrong with you?

Care to elaborate

Whats wrong with you?

Care to elaborate

'The first thing your man did as my bro's buddy ran up next to him, was give him a dig in the stomach. My bro's buddy dropped to floor, winded and in a bit of shock I'd say. It's was so ridiculous it was fcuking hilariously funny'

Just watched the video of this by the way. How do people not think this is bad? 3 match ban does not do this justice. It isn't Cantona Crystal Palace in terms of venom but if its on a minor like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I can see why Hazard got annoyed and I'm sure alot of us would have lost our cool but there was no need to act the way he did . I think a three match ban for a straight is all it should be and no more he lashed out and has to be punished for it . If a team has a ball boy acting like a maggot refusing to return the ball then that ball boy should never be allowed to do the job again .

'The first thing your man did as my bro's buddy ran up next to him, was give him a dig in the stomach. My bro's buddy dropped to floor, winded and in a bit of shock I'd say. It's was so ridiculous it was fcuking hilariously funny'

It was funny cos its so ridiculous that its so status quo in GAA that a 30 year old man feels its natural to dig a 16 year old in the stomach.

The 16 year old was planning in an adult team. I doubt your man was going to take it easy on him because he was only a young lad. Funnier still was his manager screaming at him to get up off the floor like he just decide to take a nap in the middle of the field for the laugh...its a strange world the GAA is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,391 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Just watched the video of this by the way. How do people not think this is bad? 3 match ban does not do this justice. It isn't Cantona Crystal Palace in terms of venom but if its on a minor like.

Because the guy is 17 and was acting a twat, he's getting away with it being called a kid, in half a year he'll be a legal adult, should show more cop on.

It was funny cos its so ridiculous that its so status quo in GAA that a 30 year old man feels its natural to dig a 16 year old in the stomach.

The 16 year old was planning in an adult team. I doubt your man was going to take it easy on him because he was only a young lad. Funnier still was his manager screaming at him to get up off the floor like he just decide to take a nap in the middle of the field for the laugh...its a strange world the GAA is.
    None of that is funny. Its weird that you think thats funny.

Liam O wrote: »
    Because the guy is 17 and was acting a twat, he's getting away with it being called a kid, in half a year he'll be a legal adult, should show more cop on.
    iYSwHAr41O3kb.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I can see why Hazard got annoyed and I'm sure alot of us would have lost our cool but there was no need to act the way he did . I think a three match ban for a straight is all it should be and no more he lashed out and has to be punished for it . If a team has a ball boy acting like a maggot refusing to return the ball then that ball boy should never be allowed to do the job again .

Kicks teenage ballboy for not giving him the ball: 3 match ban

Trolls multi-millionaire footballer and gets kicked in the process: Never allowed to do that job again.

That doesn't seem right, tbh.

I'd also hope that a lot of people wouldn't lose their cool over something like that. It is completely irrational and out of character for Hazard so I don't know why we would be assuming a lot of people would do similar.

None of that is funny. Its weird that you think thats funny.

Lighten up ffs. No real harm was done to either my bro's buddy or the 17 year old ball boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Trolls multi-millionaire footballer and gets kicked in the process: Never allowed to do that job again.

I'd also hope that a lot of people wouldn't lose their cool over something like that. It is completely irrational and out of character for Hazard so I don't know why we would be assuming a lot of people would do similar.

Because it was a cup semi-final. I'd be surprised if most people were calm in that situation. I'd be ****ing fuming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Liam O wrote: »

Yes at 17 I would still consider him a kid, sure at 18 Id consider a lot still a kid depends on the individual and there maturity. Yeh the ball boy acted like a fool but whether hes 60 or 5 what Hazard done was stupid and he should have known better.

So are you saying what Hazard done was the right thing to do? Seriously im not saying he murdered the ball boy but cop on.

TBF he's 17, i presume he wouldnt be ball boying for much longer anyway otherwise he would be a ball man. Also, what he did was wrong and he should be taken off the duty anyway regardless if he was the "victim". Also, his old man is a director at Swansea so he won't be fired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

AdamD wrote: »
    Because it was a cup semi-final. I'd be surprised if most people were calm in that situation. I'd be ****ing fuming

I still don't get this logic. And it won't be a mitigating circumstance when the FA review the case. "But it was a cup semi-final!" "So ****ing what Eden, you kicked a ballboy."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

he barely touched him. The "minor" isn't 8 he has plenty of pics all over twitter of drink (bulmers actually good choice), ripped up accumulator bets etc. If he's old enough to legally drink, bet, smoke etc then he's hardly a "minor".

And he barely touched him. This isn't Alan Shearer v Neil Lennon here. This is a tap in the ribs. When the ballboy looks up to moan and point at his ribs then rolls over again we can take it he isn't hurt.

Bottom line, Hazard made contact with the "kid". If he got the ball clean from under him, fine, but he didn't. Red card, 3 game ban, move on. It's outlandish to suggest this is worse than some of the horror tackles this year which get 3 game bans.

If Hazard steamed in from 20 feet with a flying kick a la Cantona for no reason then yeah ban him for months. He tapped him from a foot away trying to get the ball back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

In my eyes its proper order a ball boys job is to get the ball back in play a.s.a.p if he doesn't do that it's giving one team an advantage . I would say alot of people would flip if there was somebody trying to gain an advantage however small it is in a cup semi final especially one you are loosing . It was a silly thing to do but when you loose your cool you can do some very silly things .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement