Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hazard vs Ball Boy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Didnt see it, cant comment.

ZeIncident.jpg

Pulling a Wenger, Gav? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Quazzie wrote: »
    Are you seriously outraged at what went on, and do you genuinely believe that it happened any other way to as was described in the post you quoted?

Some people really just like to look for reasons to talk shíte.

Am I outraged? - not particularly.

Do I think Hazzard lightly touched the ballboy with his shin? - Nope, but I may be at a disadvantage by actually being able to look at something in a non-biased way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Of course it does. His foot goes in and the ball comes out. It's obvious to anybody that he kicked the ball. The ball being moved under the kid moves the kid, and there was certainly some contact between the players foot/leg and the kid, but to say he kicked the kid is ridiculous.

But if he missed the ball and got the kid by accident would that be ok because he was going for the ball?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,914 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Chelsea are a horrible club, and virtually liked by no one.

However, in this case, it's the ballboy that was taking the piss, overacting, having a little busquets look to see was he getting some attention. I'd imagine he's probably ruined having non neutral ball boys working the grounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Reoil

SlickRic wrote: »
    that gif doesn't show if he kicked the lad, the ball or both.

pointless.

It's very clear that he kicked the ball. With the force that the ball comes out at, I'd say he got very little, if any of the ball boy.

In a proper world, they should have just played on, not even a yellow card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

ZeIncident.jpg

Pulling a Wenger, Gav? :pac:

No, I was watching the Chelsea game and anaylsis afterwards so missed all the Real Madrid game and dint turn on Sky Sports News as I knew what would make the headlines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

But if he missed the ball and got the kid by accident would that be ok because he was going for the ball?
    So we're outrage by hypotheticals now?

If he went up and kicked the kid, then fair enough ban him for life, but he didn't, either on purpose or accidentally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

Had it been Luis Suarez, would you have been of the same opinion?

Yes. And if it was Rooney, van Persie, Barton or whoever else.

Of course, if it was Suarez it'd be another case of him not doing himself any favours but I would still understand why he was so desperate to get the ball back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    So I assume you want Di Maria's red card from yesterday taken away too ?

I mean, he deliberately kicked out at a player but didn't hit him, so it wasn't actually dangerous ?

The gif right above your post clearly shows he hit both, you can see the impact on the kid and the ball being kicked away.

You're talking rubbish. The impact on the kid is his stomach hitting the ground because the ball isn't there to lie on anymore. The kid's thoughts are clear when the first thing he does after faking it is look to the referee to get him sent off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

SantryRed wrote: »
    You're talking rubbish. The impact on the kid is his stomach hitting the ground because the ball isn't there to lie on anymore. The kid's thoughts are clear when the first thing he does after faking it is look to the referee to get him sent off!

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about, it's clear that Hazard hit both the ball and the lad, videos and gifs have shown that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    You clearly have no clue what you're talking about, it's clear that Hazard hit both the ball and the lad.
    Hazard kicked him both in the ball, and the lad? That's just playing dirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Of course it does. His foot goes in and the ball comes out. It's obvious to anybody that he kicked the ball. The ball being moved under the kid moves the kid, and there was certainly some contact between the players foot/leg and the kid, but to say he kicked the kid is ridiculous.

i agree.

this is logically what happened.

he didn't "kick the kid", which has been thrown around like fact, and now people have this image of Hazard going to injure the lad.

pure hyperbole.

the entire incident actually...pure sensationalist tripe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

It really is. I didn't see the incident (I'm using that term very lightly) live as I was out playing football, got home and saw the net was going mad about Hazard booting a ballboy. Looked up the vid and couldn't believe such a fuss was being made. If he does make any contact with him at all, it's negligible. Clear as day he kicks the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

i agree.

this is logically what happened.

he didn't "kick the kid", which has been thrown around like fact, and now people have this image of Hazard going to injure the lad.

pure hyperbole.

One thing I've come to learn about the media is never let the truth get in the way of a good stroy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

14932_471166292941999_277378420_n.jpg
    i have gone and done a picture of the football player that tried to kill the little boy last night because he wouldnt give him his ball back. the football player is called hazard because that is his name because a man said that it is his name when he was talking on my television and i am not quite sure what the little boys name is called but i think he looks like he should be called ross or jamie and i think that it is not good that the football player was kicking and punching and trying to strangle the little boy because he is only 8 years old and it is illegal to try and kill someone that is not 18 years old exactly so i think that the football player is really going to have a lot of regret for himself when he is in jail because he should have just waited until the little boy was a little bit older and then everything would have been fine but he couldnt wait could he and the man on my television said that the little boy is in hospital and he said that he nearly died in the night time but he has pulled through because ryan giggs sent him a signed football boot to take his mind off dying and i think that everything is going to be ok thank god and i hope that nothing like this ever happens again in all of my life time because it is just horrible and i hope that you are not really upset today as well because i was really upset when i was in my bed at night time but i am fine now because there is still snow outside of my house. Chris (Simpsons artist) xox

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

GavRedKing wrote: »

One thing I've come to learn about the media is never let the truth get in the way of a good stroy.
    "First rule of politics kiddo..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ESPN coverage of it. a few of ye should take note of what he says "there is no excuse for that at all"

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/video/espnfc/video?id=1310799&cc=5739

ESPN coverage of it. a few of ye should take note of what he says "there is no excuse for that at all"

of course not.

he didn't "kick him" though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Deserves a 19 game ban.

/contribution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

of course not.

he didn't "kick him" though.

what did he kick so, fresh air? you can clearly see he makes contact with the boy and the ball happens to come out the other side. he also pushed the lad to the ground?

would love to see your reaction if this was Rooney, you'd be singing from a different sheet then.

• Advertisement

what did he kick so, fresh air?

no.

he kicked the ball and a smidgen of kid.
    you can clearly see he makes contact with the boy and the ball happens to come out the other side. he also pushed the lad to the ground?

wrong way round.

he makes contact with the ball and happens to catch the kid a little. he was stupid, but he didn't set out to hurt the boy.

he didn't push him. he laid a hand on him, and the lad fell like a sack of spuds.
    would love to see your reaction if this was Rooney, you'd be singing from a different sheet then.

eugh.

if you're going to play that card, I can easily say that I'd love yours if Rooney had done what Hazard did.

"you'd be singing from a different sheet then"

do you think I like Chelsea? i'm not even defending Hazard FFS. he was stupid, but he didn't set out to hurt the lad, and didn't hurt the lad, hence no charges being brought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

edgecutter wrote: »
    I can't believe that many of you are siding with Hazard on this. He just kicked a ball boy!

Regardless of the ball boy time wasting or not, you can't justify what he has done. The lad is only young and his team are ten minutes away from the biggest game of their lives, what do you expect?

What I'd expect a ballboy to do is being a ballboy not being part if the home team. There is no place for ballboy to waste time. He's part of the infrastructure and should just get on with it.
    What's next? Like an away player gets injured and the meds give him a kick instead of putting him on a stretcher?
    Swansea should get fined and hazard red card should be lifted.
    There is retrieving the ball just s little slower for the away team rather than sprinting after it. And then there actively shielding the ball and acting a total maggot. He got what a maggot deserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

the ball happens to come out the other side

because he kicked it. connection with the lad is collateral damage and very slight at that. hazard was still foolish for getting involved and should have used much more of a toe poking technique to cancel out any kind of follow through (and limit accusations of actually going to kick the kid).

the overblown reaction to this just been mind-bottling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

what did he kick so, fresh air? you can clearly see he makes contact with the boy and the ball happens to come out the other side. he also pushed the lad to the ground?

If that was Rooney, you would be singing from a different sheet yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

the ball boy is 17 ffs :D 'azers should have kicked him in the jaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Or just as likely he kicks the ball and the disappearance of the ball from beneath him makes the kid drop a few inches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

From the footage, it's clear enough that hazards foot kicked the ball, while his shin inevitably made contact with the young lads ribs.

The excuse that the ballboy is 17etc is rubbish really, as ballboys tend to be younger and hazard hardly knew his age prior to the kick

From the refs perspective, it's understandable how he may have thought hazard simply kicked the kid, and while the ref has been criticised, I'm sure kicking a ballboy is a sending off offence, as it would be if he kicked a steward or someone so can't really blame the ref IMO, though I think the ban should be overturned

The ballboy acted the goat, he obviously went too far with the time wasting instruction he was given. However, he's a young lad and the level of exposure and analysis he's been subjected to by the likes of sky etc is ott IMO. Yes footballers of his age are subject to similar, but they've chosen a highly rewarding career path in which that type of scrutiny is accepted, the ballboy hasn't. He was doing a job for the club he supports and wanted to do it well, however misguided his action, his intention can't be criticised

What hazard really should have done was take a few steps back and leave the ballboy looking like fool smothering the ball. He'd have returned it sharply enough

As for Chelsea fans criticising his reaction, well I've seen plenty of Chelsea players ( and those of other clubs) react similarly to less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Have to give my 2 cents. Absolutely disgusted that Eden Hazard is coming off as the bad guy to so many people. He is one of the few footballers that avoid all the bull that comes with being a top flight footballer. That ball boy deserves to get some sort of punishment, but seeing as his father is the Director for Swansea, it's unlikely.

Hazard was obviously going for the ball, and not in any Gif or Video can i see him contacting the 17 year old more than the ball. Watching the video you can see the Ballboy running for the ball even when Hazard has it. Then he's down covering it, Hazard slightly rolls the Ballboy up, Kicks the ball from under him, and jumps over him and picks the ball up. NOTHING ELSE.

As a lover of football, I am disgusted at the way Hazard is being painted in the media today, and that kid is undoubtedly being paraded around his School/College/Liberty Stadium as a local hero, as they know what he did.

If ever there were two people on the wrong end of the Justice scales, these two are them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Finding it hard to understand the outrage in the media (although I know they are partial to a bit of outrage).
    Anybody who ever played football knows how to get the ball from under somebody lying on it!
    The young lad tried to stop a player getting on with the game when his only purpose for being there is to return the ball to a player ASAP, I can't even understand why they have ball-boys pitch side of the hoardings for anyway, I assume it's to slow play down/speed it up depending on the needs of the home team.

Allyall wrote: »
    He is one of the few footballers that avoid all the bull that comes with being a top flight footballer.
    Were you hibernating for his transfer saga? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Were you hibernating for the his transfer saga? :pac:

I meant on the pitch. And most of the time that he's off the pitch. :)

The transfer saga happens with anyone involved with Chelsea transfers.. And all of the money that was being bandied around at the time. Wasn't it up to £98 million at one stage?

Allyall wrote: »

I meant on the pitch. And most of the time that he's off the pitch. :)

The transfer saga happens with anyone involved with Chelsea transfers.. And all of the money that was being bandied around at the time. Wasn't it up to £98 million at one stage?
    He does come across as a decent lad in fairness. I thought he was going to be "the most epic twat of all time ever in the history of the world" after the whole transfer thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Minimal contact at best from Hazard, but still a unprofessional thing for him to do. The ball boy did take the piss after the slight contact but I guess after seeing those same reactions week in, week out what do we expect?

Media wont let this slide too easily, Hazard aint that kind of player so hopefully he will shake it off quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Not like you to completely over-react homerjay2005 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Put it this way if there were two lads in the local park, one aged 17 and one aged 22 and you seen this happen you'd think nothing of it.

Ball "boy" should be banned from being a ball boy, if he hasn't already.
    Hazard should get a slap on the wrist and a 3 match ban for being a dope.

End of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Julez wrote: »
    Put it this way if there were two lads in the local park, one aged 17 and one aged 22 and you seen this happen you'd think nothing of it.

Ball "boy" should be banned from being a ball boy, if he hasn't already.
    Hazard should get a slap on the wrist and a 3 match ban for being a dope.

End of story.

No end of story.

No way should he get a three match ban for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

LiamoSail wrote: »
    What hazard really should have done was take a few steps back and leave the ballboy looking like fool smothering the ball. He'd have returned it sharply enough

Exactly what I said. A quick shout at the ref to let him know what the young lad was up to and if kept it up the ref would probably have added the time on at the end anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    No end of story.

No way should he get a three match ban for that.

Sure he got a straight red. Has to be a min 3 match ban. Unless he appeals it...

Sure Joey Barton got 12 games for kneeing a player in the bum, and starting fights with a few other. He'll get more than 3 games. And maybe a fine.
    The FA are going to go hard on Hazard, Mainly because its all over the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

inmyday wrote: »
    Sure he got a straight red. Has to be a min 3 match ban. Unless he appeals it...

Sure Joey Barton got 12 games for kneeing a player in the bum, and starting fights with a few other. He'll get more than 3 games. And maybe a fine.
    The FA are going to go hard on Hazard, Mainly because its all over the media.

I don't even think the red card was warranted. I really don't get this, at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

How is the ballboy?

Is the poor guy in hospital?

His ribs must be broke the poor devil :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

This is the best angle of the incident ive seen so far, it clearly shows Hazard kicking the ball.

http://i.minus.com/ibcN3plDZj7bbS.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

This is the best angle of the incident i've seen so far, it clearly shows Hazard kicking the ball boy.

iYSwHAr41O3kb.gif

EDIT: Just in case someone thinks im on a witch hunt... im not.

I don't think any less of Hazard, he was trying to get the ball, but those who say he's done nothing and that this was all the ballboys fault, and Hazard should be cannonised and not banned for 3 matches are starting to get on my nerves.

He kicked the boy. He was trying to get the ball but he got the boy. Its a 3 match ban.

He's not the next coming of satan, he doesn't deserve a lifetime ban. It was stupid, but he should face the consequences for his actions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

DDC1990 wrote: »
    This is the best angle of the incident i've seen so far, it clearly shows Hazard kicking the ball boy.

iYSwHAr41O3kb.gif

That's the worst angle possible. There's another one which clearly shows him kicking the ball, about 100 posts back in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

SantryRed wrote: »
    That's the worst angle possible. There's another one which clearly shows him kicking the ball, about 100 posts back in this thread.
    I was responding to the above post with said incident.

I can't see how it doesn't show him kicking the boy?

The ball rolls out afterwards, but the boys body was before the ball.

He kicked the boy and the follow through got the ball out.

I have no sympthy for either person, the ball boy was acting the d1ck, but Hazard kicked him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Caveman1 wrote: »
    This is the best angle of the incident ive seen so far, it clearly shows Hazard kicking the ball.

http://i.minus.com/ibcN3plDZj7bbS.gif

ibcN3plDZj7bbS.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

The FA should really nip this in the bud now, they hardly need more bad press.

Give Hazard his ban for a good few weeks and then sue Swansea a hefty amount, something they'll really feel and this will never happen again. I wouldn't be beyond banning the boy as well.
    There are no victims in this situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

The FA should really nip this in the bud now, they hardly need more bad press.

Give Hazard his ban for a good few weeks and then sue Swansea a hefty amount, something they'll really feel and this will never happen again. I wouldn't be beyond banning the boy as well.
    There are no victims in this situation.

Banning the boy from what? It was his last game apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

I suppose Fergie is saying Hazard could have killed the boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

scudzilla wrote: »
    Banning the boy from what? It was his last game apparently

I was under the impression that certain fans could be barred from grounds for disruptive behavior? That could be an adequate learning experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

du Maurier wrote: »
    I suppose Fergie is saying Hazard could have killed the boy!

No, no he isn't.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement