Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hazard vs Ball Boy

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,316 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

It really is cringe worthy looking at the football 'community' go in a rage over the actions of the ball boy. Almost every game in the EPL and associated cups has timewasting and general rolling about feigning injury from very well paid professional footballers. They are a bunch of feckin hypocrites

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

du Maurier wrote: »
    I suppose Fergie is saying Hazard could have killed the boy!
    If you had said that at 10 o clock last night it would still have been old.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Its pathetic. The Premier League is fast becoming Eastenders/Corrie for men. All they care about these days is the drama, bitching, affairs, racism and other sensationalist tripe. A shadow of the game it once was.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Bertser

There's not much else Hazard is to do in order to get the ball, if he throws the ball 'boy' off of the ball people would be up in arms about that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Here's an idea, just forget about it, let Hazard do his 3 game ban for the red card and leave it at that.

No doubt though the FA will see it defferent & in 6 months time get around to lenghtening the ban.

Bertser wrote: »
    There's not much else Hazard is to do in order to get the ball, if he throws the ball 'boy' off of the ball people would be up in arms about that too.

Which is why he should have done nothing physical. He could have gave his view to the ref

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

No, no he isn't.

Just a light-hearted comment. I'll temper them in future. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

scudzilla wrote: »
    Banning the boy from what? It was his last game apparently

Apparently he is the son of one of the directors of Swansea football club, so he probably got the job because of daddy. He clearly showed how unsuitable he was a ball boy with his brat antics. Hazard was wrong, but he was provoked by this idiot ball boy. I have never before seen anything like him laying on the ball to stop Hazard (Chelsea) getting it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

It really is cringe worthy looking at the football 'community' go in a rage over the actions of the ball boy. Almost every game in the EPL and associated cups has timewasting and general rolling about feigning injury from very well paid professional footballers. They are a bunch of feckin hypocrites

All the diving and feigning injury of players gets plenty of rage from fans too. There's nothing hypocritical about giving out about the ball boy feigning injury.

Pro. F wrote: »
    All the diving and feigning injury of players gets plenty of rage from fans too. There's nothing hypocritical about giving out about the ball boy feigning injury.

There is when it is the footballers themselves who are giving out, that is what I meant by the fooball 'community'

As an aside, I do not know anyone who would give out about their team wasting time if they were about to go through to a final against one of the top teams in Europe. Do you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

There is when it is the footballers themselves who are giving out, that is what I meant by the fooball 'community'

As an aside, I do not know anyone who would give out about their team wasting time if they were about to go through to a final against one of the top teams in Europe. Do you?

Ah I see, didn't realise what you meant by "community." Yeah I agree that any footballer who feigns injury criticising the ball boy for feigning injury would be hypocritical.

I don't have any real problem with time wasting so I wouldn't give out about that, but I would give out about any players from any team I support feigning injury like that ball boy did. So that is one person I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The more I see the close ups the more stupid this ball boy looks.

He is 17 yet I would expect more from 7yo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

The more I see the close ups the more stupid this ball boy looks.

He is 17 yet I would expect more from 7yo.

I agree that the ball boy looks stupid, but bottom line is Hazard should not have gone near him and I believe the 3 match ban will be enough and then he can move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Apparently he is the son of one of the directors of Swansea football club, so he probably got the job because of daddy. He clearly showed how unsuitable he was a ball boy with his brat antics.

Yeah his dad is a Swansea director and multi-millionaire. Ballboy seems like a right spoiled little pr!ck.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2267276/Police-launch-probe-alleged-assault-Chelsea-striker-Eden-Hazard-ballboy-Charlie-Morgan.html

You can't go doing what Hazard did but I'd be lying if I said I felt one bit bad for the ballboy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Finally, someone makes sense. Well said A dub in glasgow.

Most people in this thread said the ball boy was an idiot. But every professional player does it.
    It can be the keeper who takes an age to take a goal kick. Or the full back who decides to wipe the ball to make sure its dry, and take a big huge run up before a super throw in. Or just the clown who has been fouled and rolls around, to waste every second.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

shrewdness wrote: »
    spoiled little pr!ck.

Why is this allowed on boards.ie? I once got banned for something so similar. Except it was about a footballer.

But youre definitely right, the ball boy deserves the abuse! 100% deserves to be bullied.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭handsomecake

inmyday wrote: »
    Why is this allowed on boards.ie? I once got banned for something so similar. Except it was about a footballer.

But youre definitely right, the ball boy deserves the abuse! 100% deserves to be bullied.

i agree. the little **** brought it all on himself. little brat

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

New tweet from him.
    Charlie Morgan™ ‏@CHARLIEM0RGAN
    Crazy 24 hours. Spoke to Hazard and I will not be pressing charges. Be in touch

Charges, ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

It's cringe worthy this thread is 11 pages long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

If it was a Bradford player nobody would give a crap.

That said, when you're paid more in a week than the town generates collectively in a year, you shouldn't expect sympathy... or equality... frankly he's lucky not to be locked up pending a bail demand which only a Russian oligarch could afford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

apparently he didn't even touch the ball-boy - he kicked the ball according to a new camera angle - doesn't matter , he plays for Chelsea, showed some passion , is a millionaire - so ban him for 6 months - thers people complaining to the police who have no connection to either party , just bitter jealousy of a talented footballer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

That new camera angle just shows he also hit the ball, it's still clear he hit the lad too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I heard from my source that Hazard will be punished by going to Blackburn on loan for 12 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

inmyday wrote: »

Finally, someone makes sense. Well said A dub in glasgow.

Most people in this thread said the ball boy was an idiot. But every professional player does it.
    It can be the keeper who takes an age to take a goal kick. Or the full back who decides to wipe the ball to make sure its dry, and take a big huge run up before a super throw in. Or just the clown who has been fouled and rolls around, to waste every second.

Can you not see a massive difference between a goalkeeper or outfield player and a feckin ballboy? Does it have to be pointed out to you?

Football players have earned the right to influence football games, as distasteful as time wasting tactics are, and they've earned this right by singing their professional contract. If they are deemed to be time wasting, they suffer consequences, yellow cards for diving, even straight reds now for time wasting in the ACN. The ballboy has absolutely zero business getting involved in a football game with thousands of pounds at stake. He is there solely to return the ball back into play in a timely fashion. This lark of lying on a football to stop another player from retrieving it is something I have never seen in any football game, ballboy or outfield player.

Having said all that, I still think the red was justified for lashing out at the cheeky scrote a 3 game ban will suffice....but part of me now wants the red to be rescinded, just so the media and the Helen Lovejoy brigade go off into the sunset with their tails between their legs (though doubt that would ever happen)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

it it was a player holding the ball after falling on it, it would have been a red too. 3 game ban, move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Muff_Daddy wrote: »
    Having said all that, I still think the red was justified for lashing out at the cheeky scrote a 3 game ban will suffice....but part of me now wants the red to be rescinded, just so the media and the Helen Lovejoy brigade go off into the sunset with their tails between their legs (though doubt that would ever happen)

The opposite would happen. They would be out for blood. Leave it at the three games, a fine for Hazard and a fine for Swansea. Forget it and move on. It was a stupid thing to do, but does not warrent anything more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Think this has more then run its course.
    • Hazard was wrong in what he done
    • Ballboy was wrong in what he done
    • 3 game ban and fine should be applied,nothing more.
    Life goes on and a new story will be printed this weekend after the FA Cup 3rd round and as such, life goes on.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement