Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blacktie Enters Liquadation

Options
  • 23-01-2013 10:52pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A liquidator is to be appointed to Blacktie Formalwear, it was announced today.

In a statement, company owner Niall O'Farrell told staff that the company, which has 11 stores across the country, is to go into liquidation by Friday, February 1.

Source: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/liquidator-to-be-appointed-to-firm-of-dragons-den-star-ofarrell-582223.html

Click to read for more information. Don't think we can quote full articles now that the media are charging for such.

We have Blacktie on Patrick St. Used it many a time for occasions, sad to see it go if they don't secure a buyer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

Sad to see , on another note Damien tiernan tweeted possible jobs announcement for Waterford tomorrow morning .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

Ida are to open offices in butlerstown I presume that's the news.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

Pamela Scott gone into Examinership. They have one store in Georges Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Blacktie (on topic)
    Debs all over the city will have to be cancelled! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Partizan wrote: »
    How long have they been there for?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Partizan wrote: »

Were they not in trouble before? Or maybe I am thinking of the wrong store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I wonder will they be selling off their stock. Might be an opportunity to get a cheap kilt.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

syklops wrote: »
    I wonder will they be selling off their stock. Might be an opportunity to get a cheap kilt.

Apparently the Waterford store isn't part of the examnership.

Further info here; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056863652

• Registered Users Posts: 34 realworld82

not surprised with Black Tie, the service in the Waterford store was terrible

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

not surprised with Black Tie, the service in the Waterford store was terrible

I have to agree there, a few family members required a tux for a do over the Xmas period, I got mine in Dublin as it was convenient and the service I got was excellent, but some of the rest went to the Waterford branch of Blacktie and the guy that served them was a complete joke. He couldnt be more unhelpful, rude and didn't have a clue what he was going on about. I was a bit shocked at how bad it was to be honest.

We left there with a very bad impression and refused to ever go there again for suit hire. Said it to a fair few people too and a lot of people seemed to agree as they had gone through the same.

• Advertisement
Advertisement