Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband - Can my line speed be increased?

Options
  • 24-01-2013 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Last year I had problems whereby there was crackling on the phone line and my bb connection kept dropping.

Whilst trying to rectify the problem the engineers had my line speed reduced and I am wondering if my line could handle the bb speeds being increased again (I am on the 8mb package and getting speeds of roughly 4.75)?

Btw, the issue was rectified (was not internal or connected to my line speed).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Plascebo wrote: »
    Hi,

Last year I had problems whereby there was crackling on the phone line and my bb connection kept dropping.

Whilst trying to rectify the problem the engineers had my line speed reduced and I am wondering if my line could handle the bb speeds being increased again (I am on the 8mb package and getting speeds of roughly 4.75)?

Put you number into homevision.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi,

Hi Plascebo

I have looked into this and I have contacted broadband technical support where they have raised your speeds to 7168kbps (7mb) download speeds. I had asked to raise it to 8 but they had informed me that this may cause intermittent drop outs. Please turn off and back on your modem as soon as you are able to ensure this alteration goes through.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Thats great, thanks Al, much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thats great, thanks Al, much appreciated.

No problem, happy to help.

If you find that the increase of speeds is causing any drop outs please let me know and I will arrange lowering the speed to resolve.

Regards

Al

Advertisement