Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanger T3 replacement heads and clearomizers.

Options
  • 24-01-2013 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hello, bought the kanger and it arrived today. I got the t3 and I am wondering why I need to replace the heads and how often do they need replacing?

I also had questions regarding the tanks themselves. do I have to clean the tanks when they are finished? And then put in new juice or do I need to buy a couple of tanks altogether for that and change them according to the juice?

I have two batteries. One is the 650mah and another is the 900 mah. What's the difference between the two?

Thanks for your help. Absolutely love the Kanger t3 so far and is the best vape I have ever had.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Hello, bought the kanger and it arrived today. I got the t3 and I am wondering why I need to replace the heads and how often do they need replacing?

Taste will diminish after a period of time or it'll start tasting burnt, length of time will depends on your vaping habits....some juices like the sweeter ones will clog the coil quicker
    I also had questions regarding the tanks themselves. do I have to clean the tanks when they are finished? And then put in new juice or do I need to buy a couple of tanks altogether for that and change them according to the juice?

Give them a rinse out with water, no need for major cleaning. Your issue might be with the head, if you've vaped menthol for example, it's very hard to get that flavour out..
    I have two batteries. One is the 650mah and another is the 900 mah. What's the difference between the two?

900mah will last longer between charges...
    Thanks for your help. Absolutely love the Kanger t3 so far and is the best vape I have ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

Thanks. I also noticed the little wick glowing red when I hit the button to vape for a short puff. Is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Thanks. I also noticed the little wick glowing red when I hit the button to vape for a short puff. Is that normal?

That's what would happen if the wick hasn't soaked the juice yet. A dry burn. The coil won't glow while there's juice hitting it.

If you fire it dry, then it'll glow fairly quick. If it's glowing with juice in the tank, it's not wicking or your voltage is set too way too high, assuming you're using an ego twist??

grindle wrote: »
    That's what would happen if the wick hasn't soaked the juice yet. A dry burn. The coil won't glow while there's juice hitting it.

That's odd because I have had 1.6 ml of juice in the t3 all day. I've had the vape and the taste of the juice and that but also tasting a little burnt too. I can't imagine the head being done already as I only got it today.

• Advertisement

Gryzor wrote: »
    If you fire it dry, then it'll glow fairly quick. If it's glowing with juice in the tank, it's not wicking or your voltage is set too way too high, assuming you're using an ego twist??

Using the joy e tech batteries. At the moment I am using the 900mah. Is this battery too strong for this short wick? I also have a 650 so might try that not and see if it glows with that one.

Had a look yes ego twist

If it's a normal eGo, it's not too strong, if it's a Twist, the setting may be too high. If you're using a Twist and it's the 1.8ohm head, lower the setting with the dial to 3.7v/3.8v.

There's a possibility of a hotspot on the leg if it wasn't pulled taut when manufactured, or the resistance being lowered if one of the coil is touching another (electricity following the path of least resistance).
    The former can only be fixed with a rebuild and the latter can be checked/fixed by taking it out, looking at the coil - if any coils look like they're touching, space them apart.

grindle wrote: »
    If it's a normal eGo, it's not too strong, if it's a Twist, the setting may be too high. If you're using a Twist and it's the 1.8ohm head, lower the setting with the dial to 3.7v/3.8v.

There's a possibility of a hotspot on the leg if it wasn't pulled taut when manufactured, or the resistance being lowered if one of the coil is touching another (electricity following the path of least resistance).
    The former can only be fixed with a rebuild and the latter can be checked/fixed by taking it out, looking at the coil - if any coils look like they're touching, space them apart.

How do I change the setting? Is there a video that shows you step by step what to do there? When I use the 650 there is no glowing of the little white coils. But the 900 mah only one coil goes red and it tastes kind of burnt but don't know how to fix it. It didn't come with instruction booklet.

That's odd because I have had 1.6 ml of juice in the t3 all day. I've had the vape and the taste of the juice and that but also tasting a little burnt too. I can't imagine the head being done already as I only got it today.

Turn down the dial on the bottom of the battery to 4V or below. The T3's only come with a 2.4ohm head, so at 4V or below, you should definitely not be getting a glowing coil. If you are, it's not wicking properly, or faulty as grindle suggested methinks...

What type of juice, PG or VG or a mix??

• Advertisement

How do I change the setting? Is there a video that shows you step by step what to do there? When I use the 650 there is no glowing of the little white coils. But the 900 mah only one coil goes red and it tastes kind of burnt but don't know how to fix it. It didn't come with instruction booklet.

At the bottom of the battery, if it's a Twist, there's a cap. This is a dial. The writing is incredibly small, so hold it up to the light.
    Using this, change the voltage to around the 3.6-3.8V mark. Lower if you prefer, but not higher.

One coil glowing could mean that the wick isn't touching it properly. if there's even 1/2mm of space between the wick and coil this can happen.
    If your problem isn't rectified by lowering the voltage, ask for a replacement. Haven't heard of an Irish vendor not being obliging, so I doubt you'll hear a "No.".

If you want to be super-kind, tell them about the problem and let them replace the head whenever you next do an order.

Ok so good news. It was up full blast so turned it down between 4.0 and 3.2 or there abouts and it doesn't taste burn anymore. Nor does it glow red. Thanks lads.

Advertisement