Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuke effect snow

Options
  • 24-01-2013 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

We're getting hit with some particularly cold weather here in Western, PA at the moment, (I think -18C was the low last night). But there was an interesting side effect yesterday evening that I thought you folks might be interested in.

One of my co-workers mentioned a particularly horrendous commute as I79, one of the Interstates north of here, had a mile long stretch of heavy snow despite almost everywhere else being dry. As it turns out it was a very localised snow storm produced by the steam from the local nuclear power plant.

77477636752283001247352.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Jealous!! :(

Yeah saw it yesterday while i was looking at the general lows , -30 C in places !!! :O

Thats some drift though , all down to the lake land temp difference and the wind paralleling the lake . Some 2 inch per hour rates i saw on the radar last night , crazy stuff indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

homer.jpg + pid_17864.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Shhhh, don't tell the snow starved snow bunnies as the next time we have cold uppers, low dew points but no precip, there will be a lot of boiling kettles outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

Edenderry Power burns 1,000,000 tonnes of 60% moisture peat every year, all we need now is -18C winds from the North West:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

We so need one of those thingmajiggers!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement