Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TP link wireless powerline for UPC

Options
  • 24-01-2013 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

Hello... got wireless tp link plugged one into the router and the connected to wireless one with a ethernet to the laptop.

Opened the tp link cd and changed the ssid and set a password wpa-psk. Disconnected cable opened wireless networks found my new ssid and entered my password. Disabled wireless on the upc router aswell.

But it wont connect to the net... its local access only. So I manually entered tcp/ip settings still wouldn't work. Reset router still nothing. Is there something im missing? Do I need to disable something else in the upc router or enter a setting somewhere?

Head is wrecked!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,336 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Does the TP router get it's details by DHCP from the UPC router? Have you bridged the UPC router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭spireland32

The tp is not a router its the homeplugs... does that make a difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Post the model number so we'll see if it's routing or an access point

TP-LINK Wireless N Powerline Extender TL-WPA281 

Is it the tp link or cisco upc router you want?

And its the upc cisco router with no aerial on it

The link isn't working, it's tied t the session in your browser. Just give us the model number of the TP Link, want to see if it's routing or not.

• Advertisement

Sorry see above

Ok, it's an access point. This is good because it means the other router is doing all routing. Maybe you should undo any changes you have made to the router, turn back on wireless for now.

TP Link have a very decent 24/7 hotline. I've used it before, they will talk you through what you want to do. Lo call: 0818 229000

Got sorted thanks everyone

Hi lads I installed these and didnt find them great so I got tl-wr2543nd router. Easy setup with cd. Works grand. Would I be better changing to the 5 ghz channel or just leave well enough alone? And if yes id have to change the upc and the tp link to 5 ghz channel?

Advertisement