Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defense Grid

• 24-01-2013 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

DG is a fun little tower defence game that I picked up in the Steam sale over Christmas. It's been out for a few years now but I couldn't find a thread on it (but if one exists, mods please delete this).

Anyway, new DLC is out for it today; "Containment", featuring 8 new levels. Anyone bought it? Any feedback?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

There was a thread somewhere on it.

I thought it was alright but 'bigger' games always pull me away from it. If it ran on a netbook then I'd have probably given it more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I have it, great little game.

It's all about getting your meteor towers upgraded....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Well, I went ahead and bought "Containment"...

It's more of the same really with no changes to the core gameplay at all - just new maps (8 in total). So whether or not it's worth buying largely depends on how much you enjoy DG in general. I haven't tried them yet, but some of the new maps in particular look great for Grinder, Shredder and Super Grinder modes. There might be a new game mode as well, but can't recall off the top of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Might pick up the DLC myself only recently got the game on sale.

Great little game have put about 9 hours in the past few days good value for the buck.

• Advertisement

75% off at the moment & make sure to get all the DLC aswell it will do you till DG2 is released.

Advertisement