Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

601 Form

Options
  • 24-01-2013 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm on my first WHV, and it runs out in a couple of weeks. My plan is to go travelling for a few months before heading home. Unfortunately, my pal from Ireland who is coming travelling with me isn't coming out here until the 14th, two weeks after my visa expires. I want to hang on for an extra two weeks to see him, then head off to New Zealand together. The plan is then to return to Oz on a Evisa in April for a couple of weeks, before heading off to SE Asia.

I've called immigration a few times now and they keep telling me different things. One guy encouraged me to apply for the 601 visa, and said I had a reasonable chance of getting it. Another woman told me that the visa is for "exceptional circumstances only", and so I wouldn't get it.

Has anyone here ever been in a similar situation? I was thinking of applying for it right before my visa expires and move onto a bridging visa, thus giving me enough time to wait for my buddy to get here, and then leave the country with him. But if it is rejected I'm worried about my re-entry on an Evisa in April.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Apply for the bridging visa anyway, if they reject it, then just head to NZ and meet your mate over there

Advertisement