Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Music Exam: 8 Pieces Piano question (Les Miserables?

• 24-01-2013 4:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi there, Would I be able to do 8 pieces from Les Miserables for all my piano pieces for the leaving cert? I'm currently in transition year so I was going to start practicing now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Hi there, Would I be able to do 8 pieces from Les Miserables for all my piano pieces for the leaving cert? I'm currently in transition year so I was going to start practicing now!

First of all, if you're only doing piano you can only do 6 pieces. As for your question, are you going to play the pieces with the melody because you've to be careful which version you select as the official music is just the accompaniment. And also, if you're only doing one instrument as opposed to two, you'll be marked at a higher level standard so I don't think the Les Miz pieces are that difficult...especially if you're gonna play only them, how about picking only one or two from les miz because six is a lot! Are you doing any grade pieces? If so, you could play them too. Have you considered the technology option? If you do that you'd only have to play four piano. Also, you're only in TY, no point in worrying about the practical now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

the general comment from my music teacher is that you should play a good mix of songs, so that the examiner can see your versatility (i think) so I don't know if all your pieces being from the same show would work in your favour to be very honest. You should ask the music teacher in your school to check though!

Advertisement