Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anybody feel lonely?...

Options
  • 24-01-2013 5:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

I feel so lonely lately, all my friends are too busy with TV and World Cup problems. When I need to talk about existence and real matters there's no one to listen, not ever, I feel so lonely among my friends. Anyone else feels this way?..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 purified

Heya :)

Ive two questions :) am when is the world cup :/

and secondly if you get bored and no one is listening you could always call the samaritans or a helpline, they love to have a chat and can help that feeling of lonliness

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

hajjid wrote: »
    I feel so lonely lately, all my friends are too busy with TV and World Cup problems. When I need to talk about existence and real matters there's no one to listen, not ever, I feel so lonely among my friends. Anyone else feels this way?..

This means you are potentially in a vulnerable state so I suggest you avoid all religious people as they tend to prey on the vulnerable.

Maybe mix in different circles ? Find a few social clubs to join that may be of interest to you ?

But avoid the "comfort" of god at all costs and stay focused on what is real and good about being alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭hajjid

I haven't expressed the question properly and for that I apologize. Fangee Yes and No I'm in a vulnerable state. I think that I am spiritually on the right path and would not seek advice of Samaritans, or Christians or any of the religious branches. The thing is that I have a lot of people around but they are not interested in their spiritual development, well at least they do not talk about it openly. And I feel just lonely. Also finding a social club that I have no interest in is only a substitute and does not solve the problem, probably will even make it worse, because you might be talking about the wrong themes with the wrong people. I have like one or 2 friends around me who are into spirituality so I can let off the steam now and then. But I haven't met a girl who would be into this stuff, I think that's what's killing me. I do not only feel socially outcasted but completely. I may seem unstable from my previous post, but I can assure you that I know how to deal with it 'cos it's been like this for a good while now. But it hits me now and then. I just wish that smaller communities would be spiritually more open. Everyone is too much out there and very little in here...

purified wrote: »
    Heya :)

Ive two questions :) am when is the world cup :/

and secondly if you get bored and no one is listening you could always call the samaritans or a helpline, they love to have a chat and can help that feeling of lonliness

:D I have no idea, that is something that is non-existent in my life. When I enter a pub and people say "Which team are you following" well then I know it is World Cup time, but I coulnd't care less. It's like you'd have red, black & orange ants fighting on the ground, just don't care. It has nothing to do with me and the fact that I should remember the dates of such events actually makes me laugh:D We are human beings, we are better than this, only because the TV brainwashed generations into that Soccer matters everyone is caught up in it.

Calling Samaritans :D , it's like being constipated and calling my mother about it. What can she do like...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭angelman121

I haven't expressed the question properly and for that I apologize. Fangee Yes and No I'm in a vulnerable state. I think that I am spiritually on the right path and would not seek advice of Samaritans, or Christians or any of the religious branches. The thing is that I have a lot of people around but they are not interested in their spiritual development, well at least they do not talk about it openly. And I feel just lonely. Also finding a social club that I have no interest in is only a substitute and does not solve the problem, probably will even make it worse, because you might be talking about the wrong themes with the wrong people. I have like one or 2 friends around me who are into spirituality so I can let off the steam now and then. But I haven't met a girl who would be into this stuff, I think that's what's killing me. I do not only feel socially outcasted but completely. I may seem unstable from my previous post, but I can assure you that I know how to deal with it 'cos it's been like this for a good while now. But it hits me now and then. I just wish that smaller communities would be spiritually more open. Everyone is too much out there and very little in here...

Hi Hajjid

Choosing a spiritual path when you are surrounded by people with little or no interest in spirituality can be a lonely at first, however this loneliness can also be seen as an obstacle or obstruction on that path and once that is faced and surmounted/passed the path will be smoother/easier.

I have a school of thought that teaches 'being human' and /or 'being spiritual' is a choice and one must be chosen over the other.
    It seems like you have already chosen to 'be spiritual' and so with that choice comes the opportunity for you to find a 'completeness' within yourself, rather then relying on friends or partners (girlfriend) to make you feel complete.

When you find a spiritual completeness within yourself everything else including a girlfriend comes as a bonus (i.e not needed to complete you)

I would also hold the view that as spiritual beings we have an inner peace within us already and in order to live/feel that peace all other feelings within us must be experienced so we can choose if we want to keep them or heal by replacing them with peace.

The loneliness that you are feeling is just one of the many feelings that have to be replaced with peace, as is sadness, anger, hate, jealously and other yucky feelings.

I would suggest you find a spiritual or meditation practice and practice it ! and if you already have one practice it more often !, being spiritual takes more then talking and sharing with others its a very personal- inner journey you can only make alone, the love and peace that you find on that journey will share itself once it is found and released.

I have an e book "The Art of Inner Peace" which, if you are interested you can download here. Under books on homepage
    http://www.paulwilliams.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Most of us feel lonely at times, I believe that's just a part of life. Feeling lonely gives most people the chance to realise what and who they have in their lives. It isn't a feeling to be afraid of or worry about. Deep down, inside of all of us, we all know life is too short to allow any particular emotion dictate to us. As much as we may feel that we are alone, we really aren't. Whether it be just talking to your friends or family or just deep thoughts to yourself, regardless if there's 2 or 200 in your company, you may feel alone. The thing is, you're not. The world and all its technology and in what it is and what it has become seems to make loneliness something that is exclusive to ourselves, but it isn't. It really isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

yes . i feel lonely.. because i want to go "home"..

it is part of our seperateness that we experience.. the more consciousness we experience the more we feel it..

on the other side there is no seperateness.. just a feeling of unconditional love.. and feeling at one with source.. here we live with the veil of amensia and feelings of individual/seperation.. part of the experience of human life!

:) we are all sparks from source.. so you are never alone... just among your fellow brothers and sisters ;)

yes . i feel lonely.. because i want to go "home"..

it is part of our seperateness that we experience.. the more consciousness we experience the more we feel it..

on the other side there is no seperateness.. just a feeling of unconditional love.. and feeling at one with source.. here we live with the veil of amensia and feelings of individual/seperation.. part of the experience of human life!

:) we are all sparks from source.. so you are never alone... just among your fellow brothers and sisters ;)

That was beautiful :'( [happy tears]. That's exactly my view on the matter as well

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Mindfulness

There is nothing to stop you creating your own social group and meeting with other spiritual people in person. This group could meet once a month or every fortnight and discuss spiritual matters.

Be advised though that if you do start such a group it's wise to remember that everyone in that group will be of a different opinion as to what constitutes 'spirituality' for them or where they are in their search for spirituality. I would advise that if you do choose to create a social meeting group that you arrange for that group to meet either in a coffee shop or a pub at least on the first occasions.

I say this because it is a less intimidating environment (particularly coffee shops) for newcomers and everyone loves a hot drink when in 'deep' discussions about their innermost sense of belonging in the world.

There is nothing to stop you creating your own social group and meeting with other spiritual people in person. This group could meet once a month or every fortnight and discuss spiritual matters.

Be advised though that if you do start such a group it's wise to remember that everyone in that group will be of a different opinion as to what constitutes 'spirituality' for them or where they are in their search for spirituality. I would advise that if you do choose to create a social meeting group that you arrange for that group to meet either in a coffee shop or a pub at least on the first occasions.

I say this because it is a less intimidating environment (particularly coffee shops) for newcomers and everyone loves a hot drink when in 'deep' discussions about their innermost sense of belonging in the world.

Done that already, created a group, but think I'm gonna cancel it soon.

http://www.meetup.com/David-Icke-believers-Cork/

• Advertisement

I suspect that the title of your group in and of itself is enough to put off a lot of people who are interested in spirituality. Whatever your beliefs, you cannot deny that there are many out there who believe David Icke is nothing short of a crazy loon.

I struggle to see how belief in repitlian overlords fits into spirituality? :confused: This is probably because I find the idea absurd (but that's a debate for another forum).

The vast majority of those who are interested in searching for a deep understanding of their own personal place in the universe are probably not going to attend such a group.

Of course, if that is what you want to talk about then that's fine but I'm just suggesting that the reality is that most people on a quest for greater understanding of themselves will not be believers in David Icke and therefore you are limiting your audience.

I suspect that the title of your group in and of itself is enough to put off a lot of people who are interested in spirituality.

Yes that is because the group wasn't created only for spiritual matters, well spiritual matters of conventional definition. I believe that there are other interests in our spiritual growth than only our own, so yeah in my opinion it is all about spirituality even though that subject may cover conspiracies, etc,, it is all spirituality to me, but yes you right, that is a topic for another forum.
    Whatever your beliefs, you cannot deny that there are many out there who believe David Icke is nothing short of a crazy loon.

I struggle to see how belief in repitlian overlords fits into spirituality? confused.png This is probably because I find the idea absurd (but that's a debate for another forum).
    I am sure that there are a lot of people who think that Icke is loonie tune, and that reptilian overlords are ruling the world. Well if you extract only 5% of his work (totally out of context) then yes it sounds absolutely ludicrous. But I have very little respect for people who judge someone's work without even going through it. When you watch one of his 7- 10 hours presentations you will see that he is spot on and you'll see that even the extra terrestrial influence is very acceptable.

What's funny is that someone could call you a loonie only for being spiritual.
    The vast majority of those who are interested in searching for a deep understanding of their own personal place in the universe are probably not going to attend such a group.

Of course, if that is what you want to talk about then that's fine but I'm just suggesting that the reality is that most people on a quest for greater understanding of themselves will not be believers in David Icke and therefore you are limiting your audience.
    This only proves to me that you're not familiar much with his work, and presume that you only think he talks only about reptilians and stuff. He connects spirituality and our present reality of today together. He is big into universal consciousness/oneness promoting that we need to focus more onto our heart chakra and that our governments need us to be separate beings without the knowledge that we come from the one source. Well if this isn's spiritual I don't know then :D

Yes maybe I'm limiting my audience but also filtering perhaps too. I'm not saying that I'm picky therefore I have put a lot of topics into the group not to lure people in but because truly I like all the topics and think that all are connected. So yeah if it filters the audience perhaps it is a good thing cause it might reduce conflict of interests.

Yes maybe I'm limiting my audience but also filtering perhaps too. I'm now saying that I'm picky therefore I have put a lot of topics into the group not to lure people in but because truly I like all the topics and think that all are connected. So yeah if it filters the audience perhaps it is a good thing cause it might reduce conflict of interests.
    Actually, if your goal for these groups is to help dispel the feelings of loneliness then you are probably right to filter. Not filtering could indeed only contribute to the feeling of being alone if you find yourself in a group where you are the only one who feels that way about Icke's work.

You are right in that I don't know the man's work other than the reptilian stuff but that's enough to put me off (rightly or wrongly). My own personal sense of spiritualism is more about the sense that tiny, seemingly insignificant acts contribute to a greater good and my place is to improve upon the number of those acts, feeding a greater spirituality into the world.

Actually, if your goal for these groups is to help dispel the feelings of loneliness then you are probably right to filter. Not filtering could indeed only contribute to the feeling of being alone if you find yourself in a group where you are the only one who feels that way about Icke's work.

You are right in that I don't know the man's work other than the reptilian stuff but that's enough to put me off (rightly or wrongly). My own personal sense of spiritualism is more about the sense that tiny, seemingly insignificant acts contribute to a greater good and my place is to improve upon the number of those acts, feeding a greater spirituality into the world.

That is a very good path you've mentioned but why only stick with one approach, it seems to me that you're singling yourself out, as in "this is the only way mindset" I prefer to be fully open to anything I haven't proven wrong and absorb knowledge from it. I also believe in spiritual development via meditation, etc but only because of that I will not remain close minded.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭IRWolfie-

When you watch one of his 7- 10 hours presentations you will see that
    7-10 hours. I think I'll pass.
    ... because truly I like all the topics and think that all are connected
    It sounds like you have your conclusion, and confirmation bias, cherry picking etc let you see only what matches your preconceived notions.

IRWolfie- wrote: »
    7-10 hours. I think I'll pass.

Whatever rocks your boat, if you think that path to knowledge is quick. And you could easily spread that presentation to over a week. That's how I planned it for myself, the problem was that once I started I couldn't stop watching. Ended up watching 3x 3 hour sessions of pure entertainment in a form of knowledge, man If I hadn't seen it twice I would go for it again!
    It sounds like you have your conclusion, and confirmation bias, cherry picking etc let you see only what matches your preconceived notions.

Well that's kinda funny because I haven't concluded anything. The only thing I have concluded is that I haven't a conclusion. And as a matter of fact I think that everyone including me is biased to a certain degree, I think the goal is to be biased as little as possible, it'd be great if bias would be non-existent

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭IRWolfie-

Well that's kinda funny because I haven't concluded anything. The only thing I have concluded is that I haven't a conclusion.
    You just said you think everything is connected. That's a conclusion.

IRWolfie- wrote: »
    You just said you think everything is connected. That's a conclusion.

Perhaps we have a different stances what conclusion means. My meaning of conclusion is to have a definite (closed)opinion. That's what I meant by saying I haven't concluded (closed) anything. I only have understandings which are open.

Conclusion Definition: Synonyms, End, terminate

https://www.google.ie/search?q=conclusion+definition&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭hupyago

Mr icke does have a site a discussion forum ,twitter ,Facebook and massive youtube following and presence
    You should find far more sympathy there than on this kind of thing
    And there are a few magazines for this kind of stuff
    Network ireland
    Positive life.ie
    Kindred spirit and Watkins mind body spirit from the uk to name a few
    You'd get the last two in easons or online
    And the irish ones above in a good few health food/ holistic stores
    They all have good websites and are on twitter and Facebook
    The word for all this stuff is esoteric or holistic
    It's catching on bit by bit
    But the mainstream is still the usual entertainment etc etc
    Icke does actually have a few celebrity followers such as russel brand and a few others
    He was interviewed on the morning show in England recently
    It's on youtube
    There are a good few others talking about the same or similar stuff
    More respected in the mainstream such as deepak chopra and many others
    You can just look up their websites and follow them on Facebook and twitter or sign up for their newsletters and get connected that way
    I've been looking into this stuff for a while before I noticed david icke for what he says apart from his notorious reputation
    I think he gets a lot of bad press in he mainstream media etc partly because he shows them up
    He could be a lot more cautious and wiser about exposing people to stuff which they're not ready for or just don't want to know
    And he didn't just make all this stuff up ,he's been researching and travelling intenivley so a lot of what he's saying is from other sources
    He seems to be well intended but is a bit too extreme nd out there for a lot of people, although his recent wembly talk got a lot of good attention
    But he kind of thwarts his message by getting caught up in obscure or wierd stuff
    And then people think that's what he's about when there's far more to the man nd th message, he's not perfect but what he says sure is interesting ,to the open minded at least
    There is a discussion forum etc on his site
    You could join and put up a post looking for irish people on it if you wanted
    Basically don't there are plenty of of people ,teachers writers and books on all this stuff just mr icke is more visible in the mainstream a bit and is adamant about his message maybe a bit too intensively to the detriment of his reputation
    One book tackling similar hemes for example is the holographic universe ,or gregg bradens books and of cours deepak chopra among many others
    So good luck on your journey of discovery
    You might also be interested in looking up indigo adults or indigo children
    It explains a lot about being into this sort of thing and what it all means
    Anyway there re plenty of people into this sort of thing on Facebook and elsewhere online ,you just have to know where to look and keep an eye out
    Another person to look up is jiddhu krishnamurti ,you should like his message
    There re videos on youtube and quotations and free ebooks around online
    And there's someone ho does really stunning trippy videos featuring mr icke on youtube called jay4louise I think
    So I hope all of hat helps you or someone
    Maybe we need more focused groups on this stuff , these subjects on this site
    So likeminded souls can connect easier
    Just sayin!
    Anyway the web is buzzin with people who want to connect
    So as they say , you can't be lonely if you like the person you're alone with!
    'Alone'can also be interpreted as 'all one'
    Good luck!

Advertisement