Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'aul racism now, is it?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

gallag wrote: »
    What has that got to do with it? Did you watch the videos? Do you accept that multiculturalism is not working in some areas and parts of Birmingham are no go areas for non Muslims?[/QUOTE]

No I dont and you have produced not an iota of proof to back up your racist claims, and BNP links are nor proof!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭0066ad

Sarkozy "'We have been too concerned about the identity of the person who was arriving and not enough about the identity of the country that was receiving him"

Merkel "allowing people of different cultural backgrounds to live side by side without integrating had not worked in Germany"

Cameron "the doctrine of state multiculturalism had encouraged segregation and failed to supply a vision of society to which people want to belong"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

0066ad wrote: »
    Sarkozy "'We have been too concerned about the identity of the person who was arriving and not enough about the identity of the country that was receiving him"

Merkel "allowing people of different cultural backgrounds to live side by side without integrating had not worked in Germany"

Cameron "the doctrine of state multiculturalism" had encouraged segregation and failed to supply "a vision of society" to which people want to belong"
    Your point being? (I note you picked quotes from three recent or current right wing leaders)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Your point being? (I note you picked quotes from three recent or current right wing leaders)
    Well nothing will convince you, UN reports, videos from the horses mouth and world leaders. Its all good lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Well nothing will convince you, UN reports, videos from the horses mouth and world leaders. Its all good lads.

.....racists websites aren't the kind of horse I talk to. That UN report did not say what you seem to think it said either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

You obviously still haven't read that UN report. It says nothing that you are claiming that it does. I linked it two pages back, go and have a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

I always quickly dismiss the rantings of the BNP and their Irish followers, you do realise what your BNP heros think of us thick paddy cnuts, don't you?
    Gallag isn't Irish. And now I bite my tongue. :D

You obviously still haven't read that UN report. It says nothing that you are claiming that it does. I linked it two pages back, go and have a read.
    It says "Badly managed large scale immigration fuels the problemRead more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2107552/Manchester-Liverpool-Birmingham-areas-drugs-gangs--just-like-Mexico-Brazil.html#ixzz2IwD7kbaZ Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook"

It says "Badly managed large scale immigration fuels the problemRead more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2107552/Manchester-Liverpool-Birmingham-areas-drugs-gangs--just-like-Mexico-Brazil.html#ixzz2IwD7kbaZ Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook"

:pac:

Oh, I'm cracking up here!

I can assure you that it doesn't. ;)

Thanks for the belly laughs anyway!

Nodin wrote: »

.....racists websites aren't the kind of horse I talk to. That UN report did not say what you seem to think it said either.
    Can you tell me how this is racist
    http://violenceagainstwhites.wordpress.com/no-go-areas-for-whites/

• Advertisement

:pac:

Oh, I'm cracking up here!

I can assure you that it doesn't. ;)

Thanks for the belly laughs anyway!
    So have the daily mail got it wrong? If thats the case, and I am not saing that is unlikely, can you not point out how instead of being, well, the way you are being?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Castle Vale Labour councillor Linda Clinton also said she was surprised by the reports’ conclusions.

She said: “To be honest, there are not even that many immigrants in Castle Vale

and if it was ever a no-go area then it was a no-go area for everyone, no matter what your colour, about a decade ago.

“But since then it has been regenerated and lots of people have moved in, making waiting lists for council houses much longer than they were in the past.

“I think this has led to the perception that immigrants might be getting a helping hand, but the truth is I think the Housing Association are being as fair as they can be.

“Also, I believe the report’s authors only interviewed about 43 people in the area anyway and that doesn’t even represent a road, does it?”

Maxie Hayles, Chairman of Birmingham Racial Attacks Monitoring Unit, said he felt that the report’s findings were ‘dangerous’.

He said: “Reports like this should be about cohesion, not divisive, and I would seriously question the validity of the methodology used to carry it out.

“This will do absolutely nothing for the racial harmony we are trying to promote in the city.

“In all my time here I have never come across a no-go area for white people, the idea is simply ridiculous.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/the-area-of-birmingham-that-are-no-go-areas-for-white-237564

Well, yes.

For a start, the UN report does not say anything of the sort, as has been repeatedly pointed out to you. It's right there, you can go and read it yourself.

Secondly, even that Daily Mail article doesn't discuss multiculturalism except in that single racist-snaring header.

Thirdly, the Daily Mail article that you have linked but obviously have not read is full of cops and community leaders rubbishing the claims. In fact, the tone taken is "how very dare that man say anything about our precious country, what the hell does he know".

Fourthly, it's the Daily Mail.

Fifthly, the UN report absolutely does not say ""Badly managed large scale immigration fuels the problemRead more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...aZ Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook". I could have bet my life on that if I hadn't read it. Which I have.

It doesn't even say "Badly managed large scale immigration fuels the problem". I know, because I have read it. You could too, but you can't even read a whole Daily Mail article.

Honestly, try reading your own sources. I'm embarrassed for you.

MadsL wrote: »
    Castle Vale Labour councillor Linda Clinton also said she was surprised by the reports’ conclusions.

She said: “To be honest, there are not even that many immigrants in Castle Vale

and if it was ever a no-go area then it was a no-go area for everyone, no matter what your colour, about a decade ago.

“But since then it has been regenerated and lots of people have moved in, making waiting lists for council houses much longer than they were in the past.

“I think this has led to the perception that immigrants might be getting a helping hand, but the truth is I think the Housing Association are being as fair as they can be.

“Also, I believe the report’s authors only interviewed about 43 people in the area anyway and that doesn’t even represent a road, does it?”

Maxie Hayles, Chairman of Birmingham Racial Attacks Monitoring Unit, said he felt that the report’s findings were ‘dangerous’.

He said: “Reports like this should be about cohesion, not divisive, and I would seriously question the validity of the methodology used to carry it out.

“This will do absolutely nothing for the racial harmony we are trying to promote in the city.

“In all my time here I have never come across a no-go area for white people, the idea is simply ridiculous.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/the-area-of-birmingham-that-are-no-go-areas-for-white-237564
    Right, so you pick the views of one person discrediting the other peoples opinions, can I ask why you would believe that but not other people? Do you find it unlikely that some Muslims might not like infidiles in their area?

Right, so you pick the views of one person discrediting the other peoples opinions, can I ask why you would believe that but not other people?

Two people.

One a councillor who represents the area. The other someone who's job is to monitor racial attacks - I think they may know what they are talking about.

Your reading comprehension isn't great is it?
    Do you find it unlikely that some Muslims might not like infidiles in their area?

Big difference between like and attack, wouldn't you say?

What are 'infidiles'? Are they people who share your views? I would not want them living near me either.

"today in white history"? The links to the National Front, EDL? The "British resistance"? BNP? Its doing everything except having a weekly newsletter delivered by a man in a white pointy hood on a horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

At least he didn't link to stormfront.

Where do these people come from.

Oh wait.

No mention of no-go areas there, just some assholes condemned by the wider community.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,320507,00.html believe a bishop? Again, why is it so hard to believe that the religion responsible for radicalising people to bomb london and fly planes into sky scrapers would be unlikely to creat a few hostile areas? Its beyond bizarre.

• Advertisement

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,320507,00.html believe a bishop? Again, why is it so hard to believe that the religion responsible for radicalising people to bomb london and fly planes into sky scrapers would be unlikely to creat a few hostile areas? Its beyond bizarre.

Are youse related?
    Nazir-Ali did not identify any such "no-go areas" in Britain, a predominantly Christian country with a Muslim population of about 1.6 million, many of whom live in northern England.
    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,320507,00.html#ixzz2IwOojgTK

Nodin wrote: »
    So far you have quoted people who would look like they were not doing there jobs right (police and community worker) and a muslim cleric, even a video of a guy saying "dont you know you are a Muslim area" or one of the videos of the muslims shouting about pulling non muslims out of their houses (but that was on a racist site) are not enough. Can you tell me why you are so unwilling to accept there may be areas in the UK that are unsafe for non muslims?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

gallag, before you start posting more links (to save you the bother, really) you may want to have a quick read through this.

In short, the links you've provided are to highly biased sites. The Daily Mail and violenceagainstwhites.wordpress.com (that one particularly) are obviously going to try and spin stories to appear as if crime against white people is out of control.

What makes the reporting laughable in that Fox news article is this;
    The majority of Britons are members of the Anglican Church of England, the country's officially established Christian church.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

BNP?????

Holy F**K**G Sh1t how did that scum get dragged into this??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Show Time wrote: »
    BNP?????

They are racists.

Show Time wrote: »
    BNP?????

Gallag brought them up to prove that it's not really racism because the muslims really are out to get us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

Gallag brought them up to prove that it's not really racism because the muslims really are out to get us.
    Ok i made my view on taxis early in the thread but no way in hell would i go near scum like that to back up any sort of point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

squod wrote: »
    Senator nobody says he'd rather not take a non national home after a few pints. This racism or common sense? Should we support our own in a time of crisis?

Meself, I don't like taxis full stop. I'd rather not drink than deal with them.

and isn't it well for the senator who can afford to take taxis in this economic climate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

the sound of a foreign accent is always obvious to me
    the dublin accent is very obvious
    the cork one very very obvious

its always obvious to me, if its not obvious to you then get your hearing checked.

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement