Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'aul racism now, is it?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I was talking about ghettoisation as opposed to integration. Read a few posts back.

Nobody likes ghettoisation. But that's not the fault of newcomers. It's the fault of successive crap government.

And here's a thing; you ghettoise people, give them no amenities, no jobs, no hope and then demonise them... well, it's hardly surprising some of them start to behave like demons. That, I guess, is another thread, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Why does f*ck doesn't he just keep opinions like this to himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Bronze Wolf

Nodin wrote: »

The French don't do multi-culturalism, never have.

They don't do integration either. They do ghettos well though (or should that be badly).

Sorry I'm all out of Legion of the Enlightened medals.

Read my posts, that's exactly what I said I would like to see as the norm in Ireland. But don't let that get in the way of reminding everyone how great you are.

No, that's how great multiculturalism is. I'm just an average joe, cutting through the lies and bs.

Anyway, as a newbie, how would you know of my alleged greatness? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Bronze Wolf

old hippy wrote: »

Nobody likes ghettoisation. But that's not the fault of newcomers. It's the fault of successive crap government.

And here's a thing; you ghettoise people, give them no amenities, no jobs, no hope and then demonise them... well, it's hardly surprising some of them start to behave like demons. That, I guess, is another thread, mind.

No one said it was the fault of newcomers. Have you actually read this thread, you have just stated exactly what I did.

• Advertisement

No one said it was the fault of newcomers. Have you actually read this thread, you have just stated exactly what I did.

Unfortunately, I have read this thread and hundreds like it. For many years, so apologies if I'm not picking up on the subtleties of your posts. When you read and post on such topics, after a while all these threads look the same to me.

Ok, I am off to indulge in being smug, great, hip and diverse.

See you tomorrow & stay groovy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I asked you a question in my last post which you have naturally ignored. I'm beginning to think you want to take offence at something I say.

So what is your opinion on integration?

I'd say most immigrants integrate over time, it wasn't so long ago that you could have described the Liberties as a Huguenot ghetto.

Letting Governments interfere with telling people where and how to live is recipe for disaster - as you have pointed out about Paris.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

They don't do integration either. They do ghettos well though (or should that be badly).

The muti-ethnic, World Cup winning, French football team of 1998 'integrated' very well indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

gallag wrote: »
    Parts of the UK I.e parts of Birmingham have now got no go areas for white British people, that is the result of multiculturalism with people that have no intention of integrating. Are parts of Australia no go areas because of the irish?
    MadsL wrote: »
    As a Birmingham lad, what utter utter shite.

No go areas for whites. What is it? Harlem in the 70s :rolleyes:

:D what a clown.

Banned

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Leftist wrote: »

:D what a clown.
    Just google "Birmingham no go areas" by the time you getbto the n of no auto complete will fill in the rest and you will see hundrens of articals, reports and storys supporting my claim , here is the second result from a local Birmingham paper.
    http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/the-area-of-birmingham-that-are-no-go-areas-for-white-237564
    No doubt its all bull **** though because multiculturalism is super cool..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Just google "Birmingham no go areas" by the time you getbto the n of no auto complete will fill in the rest and you will see hundrens of articals, reports and storys supporting my claim , here is the second result from a local Birmingham paper.
    http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/the-area-of-birmingham-that-are-no-go-areas-for-white-237564
    No doubt its all bull **** though because multiculturalism is super cool..

Dear o dear o dear.....
    The report quotes an anonymous male contributor, aged in his 40s, who notes that others from outside the area would consider his neighbourhood a no-go area for them, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

They took er jerbs!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Rory1

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Can we close up the Seanad already, it's nothing more than a bargaining chip to give comfortable pensions to failed politicans, and in this clip we see why they failed. Waste of good money that could be paying for education or something.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,219 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

To be fair, there are plenty of no go areas for me in dublin. But I'm white and it'd be white blocks kicking the crap outta me.

Dear o dear o dear.....
    So out of hundreds of links you pick one line to look like a smart arse. You asked for proof I provided a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Just google "Birmingham no go areas" by the time you getbto the n of no auto complete will fill in the rest

Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Weird how google remembers what you searched for...:rolleyes: :D

So out of hundreds of links you pick one line to look like a smart arse. You asked for proof I provided a lot.

You provided a link to an article which relates the opinion of one anonymous person. You're the one who claimed that no-go areas existed in fact, so its up to you to prove it. Saying "search" doesn't cut it.

You provided a link to an article which relates the opinion of one anonymous person. You're the one who claimed that no-go areas existed in fact, so its up to you to prove it. Saying "search" doesn't cut it.
    Dont be so ridiculous, a simple google search will provide hundreds of links, why do you find it hard to believe that muslims could be racist?

Weird.
    Ok sherlock, the g of go, my bad.

• Advertisement

Dont be so ridiculous, a simple google search will provide hundreds of links,

Then provide a few.
    why do you find it hard to believe that muslims could be racist?

Up until this point nobody has mentioned muslims...nor have I said here or elsewhere that any religion or race is incapable of anything.....

MadsL wrote: »
    Weird how google remembers what you searched for...:rolleyes: :D
    Unless you tell it not to.

Then provide a few.

Up until this point nobody has mentioned muslims...nor have I said here or elsewhere that any religion or race is incapable of anything.....
    Did reading the link I provided not clue you in that it was Muslims? Or were you concentrating to hard on finding one line to discredit it?

It still turns up that one article, a couple of links discussing that one article, and a lot more articles criticising a UN report that labels Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool as no go areas because of drug gangs.

Are drug gangs muslims?

Type in the name of any city + no g.

Guess what happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭SmilingLurker

Show Time wrote: »
    Sad state of affairs when supporting Irish born people is considered racists.
    I am not Irish born, though both of my parents are Irish. I would like to point out I have already taken away an "Irish" job and woman. :D

Even though I am not Irish born, I would be ashamed to be an Irishman if the majority agreed with the sentiments expressed in your post.

It still turns up that one article, a couple of links discussing that one article, and a lot more articles criticising a UN report that labels Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool as no go areas because of drug gangs.

Are drug gangs muslims?
    It says in that very artical it is because of large scale immigration? ?? Did you read it?

Did reading the link I provided not clue you in that it was Muslims? Or were you concentrating to hard on finding one line to discredit it?

Its one anonymous guy in a report saying that some "felt" it was a no go area. That's all the discrediting I need.

Wheres these other links?

It says in that very artical it is because of large scale immigration? ?? Did you read it?

I'm not sure you did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Newspaper opinion pieces are just that,opinion.
    Proof is a definitive statement of fact backed up by evidence.
    You seem to link causation with occurance, there is crime in Ireland, there are immigrants in Ireland, therefore immigrants cause crime...unreal.
    it wasn't immigrants that flooded parts of Dublin with heroin in the 1980's, it wasn't immigrants that abused and raped our children for years, it wasn't immigrants whose actions led to Tribunals causting billions of Euro.
    But when you can't face reality and unpleasant facts then it is easy to kick out at the immigrants.
    That is sad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement