Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is there an easier way to root than unrEVOked 3

• 24-01-2013 9:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭

hi all, very new to this rooting process on android. the last thing i flashed(insert funny joke)was a sony psp back in the day.

upgraded from a 4gb memory card to a 32gb one on my htc desire (gsm)so said i would try put jellybean on it after reading a few sites.

done a factory reset on phone, put new memory card into phone, got unrevoked 3 from their site, got the hboot drivers, then got htc sync and installed then removed it.

then turned on usb debugging and unknown sources on phone, plugged it into pc and ran the flash revoked tool as admin.

it reads the phone, runs perfect up until 'root phone', after about 2 mins i get the "error rooting phone,: is firmware too new?"

after googling, i found loads of different fixes for people, like changing from 'charge only' to 'removable disk' ect, but none of them are working for me. when i boot into recovery i still have S-ON.

can anyone help me, is there an easier method than using unrevoked 3?

and does jellybean run ok on the old desire? cynagenmod10 is what i was gonna run? or would i be better off with ICS on it?

please help!!

cheers,

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Just did this the other day. Go to revolutionary.io and it'll give you s-off and install a recovery for you. it should root it in the process but if it doesn't just flash a rooted rom or the superuser zip from the recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

cheers mate, that worked eprfectly last night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

No worries. Now for your next trick: Install 4ext recovery, partition your sd card with an ext4 partition and use a rom that supports data2sd. End result: 1-2gb of storage for apps on your HTC Desire. You should find a guide somewhere

Advertisement