Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent advice: heating and costs

Options
  • 24-01-2013 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

I'm currently renting a 3 bedroom house at 650 per month. I have an opportunity to move to a 2 bedroom house at 500 per month.

However, there is electric storage heating in the new house, and there is no fireplace. How much of a disadvantage is this, in terms of cost and heating?

My current house has oil heating and a fireplace.

The main reason I am moving is to save money.

Anyone have any advice? I need to make the decision today!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

I lived in a house with storage heating in the past and despite a lesson in how to use it, it cost a fortune to run. I may be wrong in this but from what I understand, it stores heat through the night then lets it out during the day. As we both worked during the day it was of no use to us. Some rooms had electric convection heaters which were instasnt heat but very expensive.
    In our last few house hunts, I've been avoiding any ads that say storage heating.

Advertisement