Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job competition in Sydney?

Options
  • 24-01-2013 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hey everyone, I'm just wondering in relation to Sydney; are there a lot of non skilled jobs there at the moment? As in jobs you don't need a degree for, that sort of thing. . ? I have a degree myself but wouldn't mind taking a 6/7 month break as I'm going to be doing that kind work for the rest of my life, and already have done 3 full years of it. Just want to go over to Oz for a few months and enjoy it. . and just maybe travel around there for a month but stay in Sydney mostly.

However, I do not want to go over and end up half broke looking for work!! Can you live reasonably well over there on a minimum wage? Would going out and all that be quite quite difficult with a lower wage job? Would anyone advise/go against doing it? What jobs are most plentiful. . ? I have lots of waitressing experience prior to graduating. . Oh and also I don't want to go into farm work, that sort of thing. .!! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Starburst85

If you've got experience in waitressing or bar work, all you need to do is get yourself a RSA cert (you need this for most hospitality jobs where alcohol is served) and apply for these kind of jobs. There is usually enough of these available especially now because it is summer over here.

With regards, to lower wage, jobs over here are paid well compared to at home, so once you are working and not paying an absolute fortune on rent or other expenses, you should be able to manage your money quite well :)

Advertisement