Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to install ActiveX control

Options
  • 24-01-2013 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭

I'm having a problem with installing and activex control off a website and am stumped as to how to do it.

Firstly, I know it's an outdated (work related) website, but I have to use it. It also has to be on IE as I've never got it to work with Firefox or Chrome.
    Normally to install it, I just enable 'download unsigned activex controls' and it will install. It always worked with XP & Vista but since Windows 7 appeared it's been a pain to install.

The following worked with one customer I installed this with but not another, both on win & & IE9
    • rolled back to IE 8
    • Ran IE without any add-ons
    • enabled 'download unsigned activex controls'
    The user has reconfirmed he has all user rights on his laptop.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

(ps I've already asked the site developers to remove the need for the activex altogether but thats another story:rolleyes:)

Advertisement