Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Found

• 24-01-2013 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭

A dog wandered into my place yesterday ...... looks like a springer cross ..... black & white ..... Newmarket-on-Fergus area.

The pound has been notified and he is due to go there today.

I was rather surprised he stayed around yesterday, as my own dog took an extreme dislike to him and they fought .... drew blood too.

Yet he stayed around .... even taking over my dog's 'house' :D

So we tied them both up separately last night and notified the pound this am.

He was not only smelly, but apparently quite hungry ..... he ate a large meal last night and ate again this am.

The dog is quiet and friendly ..... seems to be a nice dog ..... but I reckon only one would survive if he were to stay about here .... and unlikely it would be him.

2rojnya.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jhud

Looks like a dog we found in Shannon call Shannon Garda Station an old woman owned it near Shannon Aerospace

I know a woman found the dog and contacted them and the old woman was in touch i will check this out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

It might be worth posting on Munster lost and found pets as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Dog picked up and gone to pound in Ennis today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Hopefully Frankie will be able to find his owner or re-home him, seeing as pounds can usually only hold dogs for 5 days before they're put down... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'm not entirely sure, but I think Frankie recently started working with Dogs Trust to rehome healthy dogs that aren't adopted or claimed from the pound so that they aren't pts. I vaguely remember an article in one of the County newspapers towards the end of last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I'm not entirely sure, but I think Frankie recently started working with Dogs Trust to rehome healthy dogs that aren't adopted or claimed from the pound so that they aren't pts. I vaguely remember an article in one of the County newspapers towards the end of last year.
    You're right, Clare Dog Pound is now in partnership with 'Dogs Trust'.
    The lives of more than 300 dogs in Clare could be saved every year under a partnership announced on Monday. Charity Dogs Trust has joined with the county’s dog pound in an arrangement that dog warden Frankie Coote has described as “historic”.

http://www.clarechampion.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12015:charity-partnership-may-save-lives-of-over-300-dogs-a-year&catid=74:general&Itemid=60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

MrsD007 wrote: »

That's good to know, because the dog in question was really pleasant and quiet.

When Frankie picked him up the dog was wagging his tail for all he was worth. No hesitation or fear at all .... he obviously got over his trauma when being fed and watered. He was really hungry ..... ate twice as much as my own dog who is nearly twice his size!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Oh that's great!! Clare was one of the worst places for stray dogs too. Delighted :)

Advertisement