Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new village centre

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

sorry to disappoint you, yes we should have had Kilkenny stone, our showcase, sod the expense.
    By the same token do we have to buy everything from china, how long before all our food comes from the same place.
    When will people support Ireland, our country, our workers, can't say the same for the elected representatives but that is another story.
    Buy Irish, providing someone isn't trying to pull the wool over our eyes

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

the Callan Road but I would not cycle between Tennypark and cuffesgrange it is a cyclists nightmare, do you see many brave men or women cycling that road?

hmm, I don't know, I see a hand full of cyclists cycle that route every week.

I've also run the route without any problems a few times, it seems scarier to motorists then everyone else because they are in their metal boxes disconnected from the world...plus many like to speed and take chances :)

Out of curiosity foxcoverteddy, have you cycled it yourself?
    sorry to disappoint you, yes we should have had Kilkenny stone, our showcase, sod the expense.

sod the expense? Seriously?

So say something has to be built from stone, it costs 200k to import the stone but it costs 600k to get it in Ireland. You think thats good use of public money?

While it may produce some local jobs such idiotic thinking also costs the tax payer far far more then it needs to, this in turn means other stuff that the government/council want to do gets shelved as they don't have the money.....this then costs jobs.

Also if the government/council are going to spend money like you are suggesting then it'll need a bigger budget which means more tax or less projetcs getting the go ahead.

You've thought your "sod the expensive" idea through haven't you?

Advertisement