Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found sound trips

Options
  • 24-01-2013 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm psyching myself up to go sampling in the wild, I'm in Naas and know of a few derelict building sites locally - which I'm looking to visit with my Zoom and a mallet. Does anyone else know of any interesting sources locally ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Here's one for you, and I jest not. Go into your nearest Lidl, walk up to the bread slicing machine, turn on your zoom, drop in a Vienna loaf, switch on the machine and record the chopper going at 128bpm. Got yer hats sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 adrianmcroft

Cool, thanks Old gregg. I'll try Aldi first, its closer!

Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

No worries mate. Are you using the zoom to record snippets for samples or delving into field recordings in a larger sense? Just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Yea I'm interested in this, let us know how you get on.

old gregg wrote: »
    No worries mate. Are you using the zoom to record snippets for samples or delving into field recordings in a larger sense? Just curious.

A bit of both really, I'm getting as much satisfaction out of chopping bits from samples as I am from meddling with Diva. Alchemy is a terrific tool for sample mangling and it works as well with hits as it does with atmospheres.

Just a bit of fun really.

• Advertisement

Yea I'm interested in this, let us know how you get on.
    Indeed I will; it won't be today considering the gale outside :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Any samples of results from this?

Advertisement